Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I am really sorry for wasting your time, especially as I didn't read ererything correctly.
Maybe this time I've attached the data you need.

The instructions for the build asked to do the following:
Add the included "SSDT-i7567.aml" SSDT into your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I didn't do that step

Archive2.zip now includes the ioreg which I forgot last time

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
Archive2.zip now includes the ioreg which I forgot last time

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You have a patch that renames GPRW to XPRW, but then no matching SSDT to implement GPRW.
As a result all calls to GPRW from _PRW fail with ACPI abort.
This is a huge mistake, so I didn't check anything else.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You have a patch that renames GPRW to XPRW, but then no matching SSDT to implement GPRW.
As a result all calls to GPRW from _PRW fail with ACPI abort.
This is a huge mistake, so I didn't check anything else.
Thank you, what do I need to correct this, I've looked at this section in the Config.plist file, but didn't see any reference to it

If you're trying to use Clover ACPI hotpatch, you should understand what you're doing.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Truth is I'm new to this stuff, I followed the guide, which is well written and easy to follow. If hotpatching is beyond a newbie I accept that.
I installed the DW1560 and read many posts on how to get it to work, as I'm running Sierra they all used the hot patch to get the card working.
There is a video where some of the pins on the card are taped over, is this required?, as this was going to be my next step, once again I appreciate your help and I'm really struggling here

Truth is I'm new to this stuff, I followed the guide, which is well written and easy to follow. If hotpatching is beyond a newbie I accept that.

You should go back and read the guide again. You probably missed something.

I installed the DW1560 and read many posts on how to get it to work, as I'm running Sierra they all used the hot patch to get the card working.

No ACPI hotpatch necessary for DW1560.
You might be confusing some other type of pathing....
For 10.13.x, you only need FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext+BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

There is a video where some of the pins on the card are taped over, is this required?

If the WiFi doesn't turn on even with correct ACPI patching (eg. _OSI("Darwin") allowances), then it may be needed.
Depends on hardware/BIOS.
I would think if it was needed, this guide would mention it.

There is a video where some of the pins on the card are taped over, is this required?, as this was going to be my next step, once again I appreciate your help and I'm really struggling here
You should go back and read the guide again. You probably missed something.

No ACPI hotpatch necessary for DW1560.
You might be confusing some other type of pathing....
For 10.13.x, you only need FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext+BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

If the WiFi doesn't turn on even with correct ACPI patching (eg. _OSI("Darwin") allowances), then it may be needed.
Depends on hardware/BIOS.
I would think if it was needed, this guide would mention it.

I am running Sierra 10.12.6
The Wifi adapter is seen in DPCiManager, but not in the OS.
I have rebuilt the laptop many times, so have no problem doing it again.
Just to inform you my laptop is a Dell 7557, which is a very similar build to the 7567, the guide uses a SSDT-i7567.aml.
I have built my laptop with and without, the files I recently sent you was without, so maybe thats whay you saw the massive error.
I will keep going, especially as I know others have Sierra with the DW1560.
PS I am unable to see the integrated camera,(whis is also on the USB), could these problems be related

The reason I'm using Sierra instead of High Sierra is because when I follow the guide for HS, and boot from the USB installer I get a garblesd screen and a round ring on the screen

I am running Sierra 10.12.6
The Wifi adapter is seen in DPCiManager, but not in the OS.
I have rebuilt the laptop many times, so have no problem doing it again.
Just to inform you my laptop is a Dell 7557, which is a very similar build to the 7567, the guide uses a SSDT-i7567.aml.
I have built my laptop with and without, the files I recently sent you was without, so maybe thats whay you saw the massive error.
I will keep going, especially as I know others have Sierra with the DW1560.
PS I am unable to see the integrated camera,(whis is also on the USB), could these problems be related

The reason I'm using Sierra instead of High Sierra is because when I follow the guide for HS, and boot from the USB installer I get a garblesd screen and a round ring on the screen

You are posting in a thread for 10.13.x, not 10.12.x.
Read FAQ for further requirements for 10.12.x (fcvo patch):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

i followed the guide but it looks like i did not dsabled my second gpu but my bios do not have option to disable gpus what to do can someone offer some help ?

Attachments

• IMG_20180128_021944.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back