Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Could you publish fully-configured clover, please. I don't have mac os x to configure it by myself.

Hi guys. Could you publish fully-configured clover, please. I don't have mac os x to configure it by myself.
no, you need a mac to create the installer

Hello, I had success using this post, I will attach my files to help others, as I was helped, my SSDT completely deactivates nVidia, the temperature of the processor stays at 40 degrees, I get complete hibernation but I had to correct my EDID.
View attachment 304050
OP's AppleALC didn't work for me, so I used cloverHDA. Sound from speakers is working (but very low) and sound from headphones is also working, but there is a constant crackling sound in the headphones. There are many posts on this "ALC256 crackling sound" but I never found out the solution. Can you please share the solution including your CodecCommander.kext?

i support this too ... this is a great sound card .... why is it so hard to configure? i found nothing clear and effective about it's drivers ... Any serious help will be appreciated , Thanks:thumbup:

Hi to everyone! I just have a question.... I finished this installation today (High Sierra 10.13.3, not sure the version used on this tutorial) and I was able to do everything just fine except the last step...

"Once you have your Clover configuration all setup, reboot the laptop and boot with “-f” (no caches) to be able to rebuild the system kext caches."

I made that change but everytime mac os boots it crashes.Any help? This is my first time "hachintoshing"

*FIXED by removing kext files from S/L/E and leaving them only at other folder.
*Remaining Issue: Audio device is already recognized but with no output​
*AUDIO FIXED by removing from other folder FakePCII....HDMI_Audio.kext, HDMIAudio.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext.
*Remaining Issue: Headphone Jack is not working!
FIXED: by installing all the kexts to S/L/E folder using KextBeast
*Remaining Issue: controls in keyboard (display)​

Last edited:
Hi to everyone! I just have a question.... I finished this installation today (High Sierra 10.13.3, not sure the version used on this tutorial) and I was able to do everything just fine except the last step...

"Once you have your Clover configuration all setup, reboot the laptop and boot with “-f” (no caches) to be able to rebuild the system kext caches."

I made that change but everytime mac os boots it crashes.Any help? This is my first time "hachintoshing"

*FIXED by removing kext files from S/L/E and leaving them only at other folder.
*Remaining Issue: Audio device is already recognized but with no output​
*AUDIO FIXED by removing from other folder FakePCII....HDMI_Audio.kext, HDMIAudio.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext.
*Remaining Issue: Headphone Jack is not working!
FIXED: by installing all the kexts to S/L/E folder using KextBeast
*Remaining Issue: controls in keyboard (display)​

Kexts should not be installed to /S/L/E.
For 10.11.x and later, kexts should be installed to /L/E.

Kexts should not be installed to /S/L/E.
For 10.11.x and later, kexts should be installed to /L/E.

UPDATE: So after installing OSX on my HDD now im trying with an SSD. I completed all the steps without any issues (only some new "notifications of some APFS failing or something" but it can boot correctly. The only remaining issue is that I cant make headphones jack to work. Internal speakers are working!

The laptop even detect when I connect my headphones but without sound output.

Any ideas? I will add a copy of my CLOVER folder so anyone can check! Thanks

Fixed: by installing RehabMan-CodecCommander-2017-0501.zip with KextBeast on /L/E

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
@RehabMan I am trying to map key codes for brightness, I am following your guide, when I press F11/F12(brightness keys) log shows a big dump of ACPI errors (and so assumed they are generating ACPI events). I patched DSDT correctly as mentioned in guide and logged again but same dump of ACPI errors. Can you help me? Thanks. Problem reporting files attached.

Also fun fact is I can use Fn+B for brightness up and Fn+S for brightness down functions. And Fn+Insert causes abrupt shutdown. Also tell me how to fix this.
iMfKtub.png

Attachments

• Problem-Reporting.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
UPDATE: So after installing OSX on my HDD now im trying with an SSD. I completed all the steps without any issues (only some new "notifications of some APFS failing or something" but it can boot correctly. The only remaining issue is that I cant make headphones jack to work. Internal speakers are working!

The laptop even detect when I connect my headphones but without sound output.

Any ideas? I will add a copy of my CLOVER folder so anyone can check! Thanks

Fixed: by installing RehabMan-CodecCommander-2017-0501.zip with KextBeast on /L/E

Why AppleALC doesn't work only for me? :(. Always have to use cloverHDA but I have static noises through headphones. Do you have any static noises in your headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back