Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

finally guys please, I gave a lot of tries, successfully using this hackintosh for a year (around) but with the wire mouse always coz I couldn't get working gestures at least right click (touch) like a right button and just a scrolling with 2 fingers as well no settings on trackpad section in settings thru the voodoops2controller, I prefer this coz of working brightness buttoons on f11,f12
somebody have this on 10.4?
or from another side there is a guide to implement brightness controls to f11.f12 without voodoops2controller?

Last edited:
EDIT: Big derp, forgot to add AppleALC. Sound issue is fixed.

Hi!
So I have followed the guide, googled some issues and gotten everything up and running mostly.

I have two issues currently, they are as following:

No audio devices, can not get any audio over speakers nor over the minijack.

When booting the machine, it will fail at booting two times, before finally booting on the third try.
The verbose text goes away way too fast to catch any information, the last thing it says is something like "attempting system reboot"
I will try and do a video of it if that would help.

I have attached debug files generated with the tool for it (and yes i did do the f2 and f4 before booting and running it)

Attachments

• debug_5433.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
lqkas, the 7559 does fail to boot at least the first time due to something in the later BIOSes. When I power mine on, I get the Clover loader and then when it boots the OS, there is a blank screen instead of the Apple symbol and progress bar. What it's really stuck on is the dreaded "Start InitDeviceTree ". I've found you can usually just CTRL-ALT-DEL and let it reboot and it boots fine. Sometimes I've had better luck when it is plugged into power.

Apart from that, mine works really well. I assume yours is the 4K screen?

Yeah I have the 4k screen one, I added UHD to my profile but it didn't seem to show up, have readded it.

EDIT: I derped, added AppleALC and all is good with audio.

The issue with rebooting twice before being able to start still stands though.

Last edited:
Hello guys.

I found another guide on internet and followed it. But both trackpad gestures (some) and subwoofer are not working as expected. With this guide are they working? If yes, I will remake and follow this one.

Sorry bad english and thanks. :)

Just curious if you ever got the "subwoofer" working? The sound of the laptop (as it currently is) is anemic and worse than an AM transistor radio! Anything to get fuller sound would be appreciated.

Just curious if you ever got the "subwoofer" working? The sound of the laptop (as it currently is) is anemic and worse than an AM transistor radio! Anything to get fuller sound would be appreciated.
same issue here on my Asus, i have tried and tested Boom3d, it makes a huge difference, it is worth a try

same issue here on my Asus, i have tried and tested Boom3d, it makes a huge difference, it is worth a try

Interesting. I will try the trial version. $20 is pretty steep for what I would use it for, though. I wonder if this is going to help, though, as it seems the basic audio in my config just isn't using the low-end speaker in the 7559 (or if it is, the volume to that speaker is at 0).

Interesting. I will try the trial version. $20 is pretty steep for what I would use it for, though. I wonder if this is going to help, though, as it seems the basic audio in my config just isn't using the low-end speaker in the 7559 (or if it is, the volume to that speaker is at 0).
yes, try the trial and see how you get on with it

Anyone get 10.14.4 updated on the 7559 successfully? I have had nothing but issues.

Using a clone of my SSD, running Clover 4862, update crashes on first boot when initially starting update.
Updated Clover to 4895, and could no longer even boot.
Restored Clover to 4862 in order to regain boot.
Updated Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, and USBInjectAll to latest, and could not boot.
Restored same kexts using backups of them, cleared kextcache, and restored EFI folder from backup, but only black screen at boot. Turns out system is booting, but internal screen is black, while HDMI connected monitor works fine.

Tried to put everything back as it was, but could never get the internal screen to work. Wound up putting my original SSD back, and system boots fine.

I would be interested in hearing what the secret is to get this update installed and booting.

Back