Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

could someone help me? I tried to enable / disable oprom setting but nothing changes, the operating system does not start. bios version 1.2.9 mac os high sierra
I've encountered the same problem with the same BIOS version, you could try the folllowing step from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-7559-bios-1-2-7-update.242143/page-9
here is my step which help me get in mojave after the bios version upgrade to 1.2.9:

1: f2 get in bios setup

2: change the boot list option from uefi to legacy

3: Save and reset

4: f2 get in bios setup again,

5: Change the boot list option from legacy to refi

6: Save and reset

7: let the clover start the os,done!

But if I restart system ,I have to do it again to get in os!

Hello

I have followed your guide but i still can not get to the Installation interface, I have a 4k screen but I have add the "-cdfon" and whatevergreen to my clover files. However, I still failed. Could please help me? this is the clover of the usb installer below.
Thank you very much。

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 79
I wanted to share my experience using this guide. I followed, step-by-step, the guide (much of which I'd never done before), and was surprised at the end that my 7559 actually worked! I felt so lucky! :)

Then, I realized something...I had used the files in "mojavefiles" folder instead of "mojavefilesv2"!! All that time wasted? Not really. I didn't see much difference between the two folders so I manually added the SSDT-ALC256.aml and installed codec commander and removed VerbStub.

But, this guide breaks the cardinal rule of leaving kexts in Clover/Other folder instead of installing in L/E. Something went very wrong with Clover when I tried updating Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and RealtekRTL8111 by replacing the files in Clover/Other with newer versions...system crash at boot. Having made a copy of Clover/Other before updating, I booted on my USB and after a few attempts, managed to get back into the system so I replaced the Other folder with the original I had backed up. Rebooted. Then things got weird.

I discovered that although I was booting, my ethernet was not working. Sometimes. But sometimes it would. I looked in system report/Extensions and NONE of the kexts in my Clover/Other were listed. None. Not even FakeSMC. They were definitely in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and all the empty version folders I deleted as the guide stated. So why aren't the kexts loading? I even tried renaming "Other" to "10.14" but that didn't work either. The kexts still were not loading.

Finally, I decided to install ALL the kexts that are in Other to L/E using Kextbeast. Then deleted all kexts from the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (and deleted the 10.14 folder). Rebooted and it's working. All kexts are loading (except the "SATA 100 unsupported" kext...do I need that?).

Now, what about updating kexts to the latest ones (Lilu, WEG, AppleALC)? OK to update those using Kextbeast?

I did update my RealtekRTL8111 to 2.2.2 and that worked, but worried about doing the other three (Lilu, WEG and AppleALC).

Also, trackpad. It works, but no gestures. All the Voodoo kexts are loading. How do I get the gestures to work?

I'm only using ethernet right now as I don't have a DW1560. Looking around, they are rather pricey. Are there any other choices I can use that work OOB or with little effort?

I also forgot to send thanks to jcarcinogen and everyone who asked questions to help solve issues not in the guide.

This guide is detailed and easy to follow for those of us on the opposite end of the hackintosh knowledge spectrum (the opposite of a "Rehabman" :) ).

I wanted to share my experience using this guide. I followed, step-by-step, the guide (much of which I'd never done before), and was surprised at the end that my 7559 actually worked! I felt so lucky! :)

Then, I realized something...I had used the files in "mojavefiles" folder instead of "mojavefilesv2"!! All that time wasted? Not really. I didn't see much difference between the two folders so I manually added the SSDT-ALC256.aml and installed codec commander and removed VerbStub.

But, this guide breaks the cardinal rule of leaving kexts in Clover/Other folder instead of installing in L/E. Something went very wrong with Clover when I tried updating Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and RealtekRTL8111 by replacing the files in Clover/Other with newer versions...system crash at boot. Having made a copy of Clover/Other before updating, I booted on my USB and after a few attempts, managed to get back into the system so I replaced the Other folder with the original I had backed up. Rebooted. Then things got weird.

I discovered that although I was booting, my ethernet was not working. Sometimes. But sometimes it would. I looked in system report/Extensions and NONE of the kexts in my Clover/Other were listed. None. Not even FakeSMC. They were definitely in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, and all the empty version folders I deleted as the guide stated. So why aren't the kexts loading? I even tried renaming "Other" to "10.14" but that didn't work either. The kexts still were not loading.

Finally, I decided to install ALL the kexts that are in Other to L/E using Kextbeast. Then deleted all kexts from the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (and deleted the 10.14 folder). Rebooted and it's working. All kexts are loading (except the "SATA 100 unsupported" kext...do I need that?).

Now, what about updating kexts to the latest ones (Lilu, WEG, AppleALC)? OK to update those using Kextbeast?

I did update my RealtekRTL8111 to 2.2.2 and that worked, but worried about doing the other three (Lilu, WEG and AppleALC).

Also, trackpad. It works, but no gestures. All the Voodoo kexts are loading. How do I get the gestures to work?

I'm only using ethernet right now as I don't have a DW1560. Looking around, they are rather pricey. Are there any other choices I can use that work OOB or with little effort?

For the Touchpad gesture to work use ApplePS2SmartTouchpad

For the Touchpad gesture to work use ApplePS2SmartTouchpad

do I use it along with the Voodoo kexts, or do I remove one or all of the them?

do I use it along with the Voodoo kexts, or do I remove one or all of the them?

You still need the VoodooPS2Controller. Without it I had error booting into MacOS (it wouldn't do it and would just restart). Install the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad to /L/E with kextbeast.

Back