CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
0x191B0000 was already present, but InjectIntel was not checked on this unit and it's been working great until updating the 3 kexts.

But, I enabled it, and updated kexts and put them both in EFI OTHER and L/E and rebooted successfully! So, the new versions must have changed something that requires me to InjectIntel.

Thank you for your help.

Next problem, though, is when I go to install the macOS update, after the 1st reboot and about 30 seconds, I get the circle with a slash. Retried with -v and saw it stalled on the com.apple.apfs (or something similar), so it seems it's having an issue loading APFS support. Ugh. My desktops have had no such issues when updating the latest macOS so it's puzzling.

I'm getting closer, but it's just been a nuisance getting this 7559 updated.
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Motherboard
Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559
CPU
Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 530
0x191B0000 was already present, but InjectIntel was not checked on this unit and it's been working great until updating the 3 kexts.

But, I enabled it, and updated kexts and put them both in EFI OTHER and L/E and rebooted successfully! So, the new versions must have changed something that requires me to InjectIntel.

Thank you for your help.

Next problem, though, is when I go to install the macOS update, after the 1st reboot and about 30 seconds, I get the circle with a slash. Retried with -v and saw it stalled on the com.apple.apfs (or something similar), so it seems it's having an issue loading APFS support. Ugh. My desktops have had no such issues when updating the latest macOS so it's puzzling.

I'm getting closer, but it's just been a nuisance getting this 7559 updated.
Are you booting with the -cdfon flag since you have a UHD display? I did not install the kexts needed by clover in /L/E but even if you do you still need them in the CLOVER partition.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz / 0H0CC0 A00
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 960M 4GB / Intel 530 HD 1920x1080p
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can’t boot to the installer..
Someone succeed to fix it?

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Use SSDT-PNLF.dsl at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/raw/master/hotpatch/SSDT-PNLF.dsl and set RMCF.BKLT to 5.

// BKLT: Backlight control type
//
// bit0=0: Using IntelBacklight.kext
// bit0=1: Using AppleBacklight.kext + AppleBacklightInjector.kext
// bit1=1: do not set LEVW
// bit2=1: set GRAN
Hi,
I have that problem too I can't adjust the brightness.. I copied the SSDT-PNLF.dsl you gave but I can't find the line you told to change..you can explain for me again? or show me how to change it?

the brightness is the last thing that not working for me..

thanks!

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD530/NVIDIA GTX 960M 3840x2160
Hi,
I have that problem too I can't adjust the brightness.. I copied the SSDT-PNLF.dsl you gave but I can't find the line you told to change..you can explain for me again? or show me how to change it?

the brightness is the last thing that not working for me..

thanks!
You set BKLT in file SSDT-RMCF.dsl.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
You set BKLT in file SSDT-RMCF.dsl.
Solved it! The problem was that the keys for the brightness was F14 and F15 so I set them in settings to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12

Thanks anyway:)

Last question.. I have windows 10 installed also and it’s not appearing on clover so can’t boot it.. you know how to fix it? (When I press F12 at booting I can see it with all the options)

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD530/NVIDIA GTX 960M 3840x2160
Solved it! The problem was that the keys for the brightness was F14 and F15 so I set them in settings to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12

Thanks anyway:)

Last question.. I have windows 10 installed also and it’s not appearing on clover so can’t boot it.. you know how to fix it? (When I press F12 at booting I can see it with all the options)
Probably related to GUI section of clover's config.plist. Here is what mine looks like:
Code:
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Custom</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Hidden</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>OSXRecovery</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Windows</string>
                    <key>Title</key>
                    <string>Windows</string>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
        <key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string>Preboot</string>
        </array>
        <key>Mouse</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Enabled</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>Scan</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Linux</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Tool</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>#ScreenResolution</key>
        <string>1920x1080</string>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>random</string>
    </dict>

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Using Clover 4910 and making sure my kexts were updated (I used Kext Updater) and rebuilding the kextcache, I was able to update to 10.14.5 without any problems.

Last edited:
Motherboard
MPYPP 1P4N7
CPU
i7- 6700HQ
Graphics
nVidia 960M and HD 530
will work with 1.2.8 bios?

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7559
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD530
Hey @jcarcinogen, first off, thanks for your guide. It has been super helpful for me and I've got most of the features of my Hackintosh working. There's one small hangup I could use a little help with. I'm getting distortion from my headphone jack. I know this is a common problem with ALC256. I've viewed all the relevant threads, but none of the prescribed fixes are working for me. From what I've read, there are two ways to fix it—AppleALC+CodecCommander w/ modified info.plist + SSDT-ALC256.aml + ALCPlugFix or VerbStub with the ComboJack Fix.

I'm a little bit confused by your guide. The final version uses VerbStub, but most other suggested fixes for this particular problem involve the ALCPlugFix/CodecCommander solution. I tried that, and it yields clear audio on the headphones for about 15 seconds after I run the hda-verb command, and then the distortion returns. The thread where the creator of VerbStub introduced the kext instructs people to use his modified version of AppleALC and the layout-id 72? I tried that and it gives no sound. Sound works on the speakers (though it sounds sort of degraded) and the jack detection works. The only thing I haven't tried is disabling the HDA patches in the config.plist. Any light you could shed on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments