Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

Hi,
I have that problem too I can't adjust the brightness.. I copied the SSDT-PNLF.dsl you gave but I can't find the line you told to change..you can explain for me again? or show me how to change it?

the brightness is the last thing that not working for me..

thanks!
You set BKLT in file SSDT-RMCF.dsl.

You set BKLT in file SSDT-RMCF.dsl.
Solved it! The problem was that the keys for the brightness was F14 and F15 so I set them in settings to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12

Thanks anyway:)

Last question.. I have windows 10 installed also and it’s not appearing on clover so can’t boot it.. you know how to fix it? (When I press F12 at booting I can see it with all the options)

Solved it! The problem was that the keys for the brightness was F14 and F15 so I set them in settings to Fn+F11 and Fn+F12

Thanks anyway:)

Last question.. I have windows 10 installed also and it’s not appearing on clover so can’t boot it.. you know how to fix it? (When I press F12 at booting I can see it with all the options)
Probably related to GUI section of clover's config.plist. Here is what mine looks like:
Code:
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Custom</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Hidden</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>OSXRecovery</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Windows</string>
                    <key>Title</key>
                    <string>Windows</string>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
        <key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string>Preboot</string>
        </array>
        <key>Mouse</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Enabled</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>Scan</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Linux</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Tool</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>#ScreenResolution</key>
        <string>1920x1080</string>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>random</string>
    </dict>

Using Clover 4910 and making sure my kexts were updated (I used Kext Updater) and rebuilding the kextcache, I was able to update to 10.14.5 without any problems.

Last edited:
will work with 1.2.8 bios?

Hey @jcarcinogen, first off, thanks for your guide. It has been super helpful for me and I've got most of the features of my Hackintosh working. There's one small hangup I could use a little help with. I'm getting distortion from my headphone jack. I know this is a common problem with ALC256. I've viewed all the relevant threads, but none of the prescribed fixes are working for me. From what I've read, there are two ways to fix it—AppleALC+CodecCommander w/ modified info.plist + SSDT-ALC256.aml + ALCPlugFix or VerbStub with the ComboJack Fix.

I'm a little bit confused by your guide. The final version uses VerbStub, but most other suggested fixes for this particular problem involve the ALCPlugFix/CodecCommander solution. I tried that, and it yields clear audio on the headphones for about 15 seconds after I run the hda-verb command, and then the distortion returns. The thread where the creator of VerbStub introduced the kext instructs people to use his modified version of AppleALC and the layout-id 72? I tried that and it gives no sound. Sound works on the speakers (though it sounds sort of degraded) and the jack detection works. The only thing I haven't tried is disabling the HDA patches in the config.plist. Any light you could shed on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug_26285.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 128
So I got headphone audio working clearly using ALCPlugfix, but I wanted to report a weird problem. It seems to only work with my earbuds. I have a nice set of Sennheisser headphones that I use for listening to music and audio production. When I use those, I still get distortion. I'm not very technical but I would guess it has something to do with the fact that they draw more power from the jack? They work fine on my real Mac. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Hi Guys, so I'm using HighSierra right now on this laptop and wanted to install Mojave but... It seems I cannot start the installer because I get this as on the screenshot from the attachment. Is it something known by anyone or logs will be needed to help me out with that?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 62
Hi Guys, so I'm using HighSierra right now on this laptop and wanted to install Mojave but... It seems I cannot start the installer because I get this as on the screenshot from the attachment. Is it something known by anyone or logs will be needed to help me out with that?

Cheers!
update your clover to the latest version via sourceforge

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Thx for advice - I didn't realize that I've downloaded the newest Mojave 10.14.5 so this is most likely the first thing to consider. Can someone who has Dell Inspiron 7559 FullHD laptop tell me please which Mojave version would work with no problems?

Back