Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know how long the battery lasts for you guys, on your 7559's with hackintosh.

Yeah, I did that don't worry. But when executing the command mentioned by you and before, I don't see applehda mentioned anywhere...

If it doesn't mention there you have to delete the applehda_alc256 kext, rebuild cache, install the kext again, rebuild cache again. I had that too sometimes, don't know why it happens.

Battery is good for ~5 hours browsing, make sure you disable nvidia

If it doesn't mention there you have to delete the applehda_alc256 kext, rebuild cache, install the kext again, rebuild cache again. I had that too sometimes, don't know why it happens.

Okay, I did as you said ("sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" <-- This is rebuilding chache, right?).
The kext is still not showing up in the terminal... What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: Am I supposed to install the kext in the CLOVER/kext/10.11 folder maybe?

Okay, I did as you said ("sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" <-- This is rebuilding chache, right?).
The kext is still not showing up in the terminal... What am I doing wrong???

EDIT: Am I supposed to install the kext in the CLOVER/kext/10.11 folder maybe?

No, don't install it there. When i say rebuild cache i mean reboot without caches, then rebuild cache.

edit: Thanks RehabMan

Last edited:
No, don't install it there. When i say rebuild cache you also need to reboot without caches.
I did that. Am I supposed to reboot only without caches(thats what i did), or also without 'injected kexts' or something like that?

Last edited:

Sound is working now! I did have to retry installing like 4 times, but it's working! Thanks for your help.
I'm left with one minor issue. After waking from sleep, my ethernet stops working. Any idea why? Does it also do that with you, or did i do something wrong? (like maybe i deleted one line to many in my dsdt/ssdts)

No, don't install it there. When i say rebuild cache you also need to reboot without caches.

You must reboot without caches immediately *prior* to the rebuild. At the point you do that you also need to have all components in place for audio (Clover patches, AppleHDA injector installed to /S/L/E).

Reboot without caches is available from the Clover menu (space bar).

You must reboot without caches immediately *prior* to the rebuild. At the point you do that you also need to have all components in place for audio (Clover patches, AppleHDA injector installed to /S/L/E).

Reboot without caches is available from the Clover menu (space bar).
I already fixed it (see post #148). Thanks though.
I do have another issue. I lose ethernet connection after waking from sleep... Do you know a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back