Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. What i meant was i installed the rtl8111.kext from the dell7559.zip from post #1 to /S/L/E using kextbeast.

No idea where it came from... suggest you get kexts from a "known good" source.

Okay. What i meant was i installed the rtl8111.kext from the dell7559.zip from post #1 to /S/L/E using kextbeast.
It's the one from Multibeast, the same as on your screenshot.

It's the one from Multibeast, the same as on your screenshot.
Yeah, I fixed it. Reïnstalled the kext, changed some system settings and now it works.

Yeah, I fixed it. Reïnstalled the kext, changed some system settings and now it works.
good to hear, any other issues? Maybe you could write up a summary how you got into the installer. Some people are having issues reaching it and i can't think of other solutions besides the ones from the guide.

good to hear, any other issues? Maybe you could write up a summary how you got into the installer. Some people are having issues reaching it and i can't think of other solutions besides the ones from the guide.
Yeah, I feel like my battery isn't lasting as long as it should(a little bit less than 4 hours i think). Haven't been using the os x installation long enough to be sure.

For reaching the installer: I think everybody's issues are battery/charging related. I honestly don't have a clue as to why it's related, but I'm convinced it is. To everybody having issues:
- Disable Advanced Battery Charging in BIOS
- Disconnect the charger before pressing the power button. You can reconnect it as soon as the booting is starting (and by that I mean PAST clover, when you're seeing the Apple-logo[except when booting verbose because you don't see the apple logo then of course]).
- If you see the apple logo, or if you get past the 'OsxAptioDrv' when booting verbose. You have another problem which is different from the problem i had when booting.
- If you see blinking text when booting the installer verbose/ blinking apple logo when booting the installer normally, you have something wrong in your graphics injector settings in clover. In clover, go to options->graphics injector menu-> Here you need to change FakeID or platform id to 0x00000000 or 0x191b0000 or 19160000 (im not sure which one; FakeID and platform id don't have to be the same they're probably different from each other).

Sidenote: Looking back, I don't think disconnecting the hdd does anything. It was probably a coincidence because after disconnecting the hdd I also disconnected the charger.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel like my battery isn't lasting as long as it should(a little bit less than 4 hours i think). Haven't been using the os x installation long enough to be sure.
Thanks for the tips, will add them to the guide (disconnecting charger is stated). As for the battery, disabling WiFi/Bluetooth and lowering brightness might help to push 2-3 hours more.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, will add them to the guide (disconnecting charger is stated). As for the battery, disabling WiFi/Bluetooth and lowering brightness might help to push 2-3 hours more.
I haven't got brightness maximized, and i'm still stuck with the stock wifi card... So the only way of disabling that is disconnecting it. That's too much of a hassle, since I'm also running other os'ses.

OS X 10.11.5 has arrived. Can we update?

meant to edit this and double posted below

Last edited:

For reaching the installer: I think everybody's issues are battery/charging related. I honestly don't have a clue as to why it's related, but I'm convinced it is. To everybody having issues:
- Disable Advanced Battery Charging in BIOS
- Disconnect the charger before pressing the power button. You can reconnect it as soon as the booting is starting (and by that I mean PAST clover, when you're seeing the Apple-logo[except when booting verbose because you don't see the apple logo then of course]).
- If you see the apple logo, or if you get past the 'OsxAptioDrv' when booting verbose. You have another problem which is different from the problem i had when booting.
- If you see blinking text when booting the installer verbose/ blinking apple logo when booting the installer normally, you have something wrong in your graphics injector settings in clover. In clover, go to options->graphics injector menu-> Here you need to change FakeID or platform id to 0x00000000 or 0x191b0000 or 19160000 (im not sure which one; FakeID and platform id don't have to be the same they're probably different from each other).

Sidenote: Looking back, I don't think disconnecting the hdd does anything. It was probably a coincidence because after disconnecting the hdd I also disconnected the charger.

Thanks for trying to help, those are the settings and that's the method I've tried using before. I variously unplug my power before i hit the power button but i'm sure i haven't been that thorough about it. I've tried creating the installer 3 times and it's the same every time. I've tried every which way. I'm not even sure what it could be at this point. I tried reverting to 1.1.3, trying it then going back up to 1.1.5. I could try removing my extra ram but apparently others are having the same problem with a single stick of ram. I'm going to post my AIDA64 hardware report if anyone knows any red flags to look for in it.

Is there a version of clover i should try?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back