Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try the port limit patch along with USBInjectAll.kext?

If I did it right it doesn't do anything. Can you please take a look if this is correct?

Do you think that over time there will be a good support of Skylake laptops in Clover? I can still return this laptop back to the shop. It´s really important for me because I planned to work on this machine with Logic Pro X.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 09.52.01.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 09.52.01.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
If I did it right it doesn't do anything. Can you please take a look if this is correct?

Do you think that over time there will be a good support of Skylake laptops in Clover? I can still return this laptop back to the shop. It´s really important for me because I planned to work on this machine with Logic Pro X.

Did you check your BIOS options? Disable things like "fast boot".

I think Apple will provide excellent support for their own Skylake laptops. Other laptops... they simply don't care.

Did you check your BIOS options? Disable things like "fast boot".

I think Apple will provide excellent support for their own Skylake laptops. Other laptops... they simply don't care.

I chcecked the BIOS settings reccomended in the first post. There is no "fast boot option"

There are the photos of all options in Dell´s BIOS.

By the support I meant what are the chances that that hackintosh installation methods will get better after Apple realeses some Skylake Macbooks?

Attachments

• 2016-06-20 15.43.42.jpg
    2016-06-20 15.43.42.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 199
  • 2016-06-20 15.44.21.jpg
    2016-06-20 15.44.21.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 130
  • 2016-06-20 15.44.33.jpg
    2016-06-20 15.44.33.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
  • 2016-06-20 15.44.53.jpg
    2016-06-20 15.44.53.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 111
I chcecked the BIOS settings reccomended in the first post. There is no "fast boot option"

There are the photos of all options in Dell´s BIOS.

Maybe you should compare notes with people who have the laptop working (BIOS version and settings).

By the support I meant what are the chances that that hackintosh installation methods will get better after Apple realeses some Skylake Macbooks?

It is not possible to predict the future.

Maybe you should compare notes with people who have the laptop working (BIOS version and settings).

I already did that :(. The result is the settings I have.
From this thread only 3 people got it to work and all of them had theese exact settings. Looking elsewhere about this particular laptop didn´t help either.

I already did that :(. The result is the settings I have.
From this thread only 3 people got it to work and all of them had theese exact settings. Looking elsewhere about this particular laptop didn´t help either.

Did you try Clover legacy?

Did you try Clover legacy?

Not yet. Is it even possible with El Capitan? I read somewhere that legacy boot don´t work.

Maybe the problem is that this laptop has only 3* USB3.0 and no USB2. :-/. Some guides say you have to install from USB2 port.

Not yet. Is it even possible with El Capitan? I read somewhere that legacy boot don´t work.

Clover supports both UEFI and legacy boot.

Maybe the problem is that this laptop has only 3* USB3.0 and no USB2. :-/. Some guides say you have to install from USB2 port.

I think it is more likely a memory map issue...

I think it is more likely a memory map issue...
In legacy boot I can't see the USB installer listed. Is there any guide how to prepare a proper legacy USB installer?

So I already tried OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi(both versions),VBoxHfs-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi
Kexts: FakeSMC, Realtek, USBInjectALL, WoodooPS2
+ about 4 different versions of clover + 4 different USB sticks + lots of boot arguments + booting from SATA HDD, legacy boot.

Any other options how to try to solve the memory map issue?

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate this a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back