Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hangs on those first two lines. I suspect that Unibeast may not be OK with 10.11.5

I already changed this in config.plist - no change

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is wrong. Remove the directory you have there. Move all kexts from 10.11 to Other. Then remove all version specific directories leaving only Other.

Try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Your config.plist is wrong. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have Windows installed on m.2 SSD which is the only drive connected right now with only windows NTFS partition.
Can this be causing the problem with booting the flash drive?
Or can it be caused by the stock WIFI?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I already used a multiple variants of clover and install USBs

I have Windows installed on m.2 SSD which is the only drive connected right now with only windows NTFS partition.
Can this be causing the problem with booting the flash drive?
Or can it be caused by the stock WIFI?

No/No. Read post #335.

No/No. Read post #335.
I attached the new EFI folder

Still getting the same screen when booting.
I suspect there may be a problem with Unibeast - I will try the terminal method now.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
I attached the new EFI folder

Still getting the same screen when booting.
I suspect there may be a problem with Unibeast - I will try the terminal method now.

There plenty wrong with your setup here....

No SMBIOS specified in your config.plist, as a result you have no idea which one is being used (Clover will pick one).

No need for AppleHDA patching to reach the installer... and generally a bad idea to patch/inject for AppleHDA before you have the appropriate patched kexts installed.

Better to set DVMT-prealloc instead of using the minStolenSize patch. The minStolenSize patch does not always work and may lead to instability.

config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should usually be set true. You have yours false.

I believe the extra 'x' you have in ig-platform-id (0x191b0000x) will be ignored, but can't be sure without looking at Clover source. At any rate, it is something you should fix.

DropOem=true is only for when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have none, hence DropOem should be false.

The change _OSI->XOSI patch is only valid with the companion SSDT-XOSI.aml in ACPI/patched. As mentioned above, you have no files in ACPI/patched.

There plenty wrong with your setup here....

No SMBIOS specified in your config.plist, as a result you have no idea which one is being used (Clover will pick one).

Can you please check this one? I did the whole process again following the guide you linked and then tried to fix the issues you posted here. Not sure if I fixed all of them though.

Still getting the same error with slightly different path:

sxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

EDIT: mounting EFI part of USB in Clover Configurator VE takes suspiciously long time. How long does this take usually?

EDIT2: using whole CLOVER folder from this thread that should be working also gives the same result

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
  • Select AHCI under SATA
  • Disable secure boot, keep legacy boot enabled
  • Disable Advanced Battery Charging (thanks geboe)
  • Disable VT for direct I/O
  • Disable Virtualization (if you have "Bluetooth not available" issues after installation)
Enjoy!

"keep legacy boot enabled"

Do you mean "Boot list option = Legacy" or "Load Legacy Option Rom = enabled"?

Can you please check this one? I did the whole process again following the guide you linked and then tried to fix the issues you posted here. Not sure if I fixed all of them though.

Still getting the same error with slightly different path:

sxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

EDIT: mounting EFI part of USB in Clover Configurator VE takes suspiciously long time. How long does this take usually?

EDIT2: using whole CLOVER folder from this thread that should be working also gives the same result

Your config.plist is not from my guide.

I don't use Clover Configurator, so can't answer your question about it.

"keep legacy boot enabled"

Do you mean "Boot list option = Legacy" or "Load Legacy Option Rom = enabled"?

It means have both legacy enabled and UEFI enabled (so you can use UEFI boot but have legacy/CSM enabled).

How this is exposed in the BIOS UI is system dependent...

Your config.plist is not from my guide.

I don't use Clover Configurator, so can't answer your question about it.

It seems like people in this thread had no success with HD520,530,540 config.plist. 2 Of them achieved to boot with vanilla config.plist created by unibeast and just changed graphics ig-platform-id to either 0x19160000 or 0x19120000 or 0x191b0000

It seems like no matter what I do - having "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" or "OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi" in drivers folder always leads to the same end. If I delete both then I get just underscore in the middle of the screen i verbose mode.

I'm starting to be desperate. I already tried about 20 different setup USB's and spent 2 whole days trying to boot :-/. Anyone achieved to boot 10.11.5 from USB on this laptop?

Also I'm not sure how to correctly change system definition and which one to use in SMBIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back