Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530) Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like people in this thread had no success with HD520,530,540 config.plist. 2 Of them achieved to boot with vanilla config.plist created by unibeast and just changed graphics ig-platform-id to either 0x19160000 or 0x19120000 or 0x191b0000

It seems like no matter what I do - having "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" or "OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi" in drivers folder always leads to the same end. If I delete both then I get just underscore in the middle of the screen i verbose mode.

I'm starting to be desperate. I already tried about 20 different setup USB's and spent 2 whole days trying to boot :-/. Anyone achieved to boot 10.11.5 from USB on this laptop?

Also I'm not sure how to correctly change system definition and which one to use in SMBIOS.

Your profile does not indicate your screen resolution. Please fix.

You should expect problems without OsxAptioFix (it is generally required on most hacks).

No idea without EFI/Clover and verbose boot (the problems and solutions vary and depend on exactly what you're doing and what exactly is happening in verbose boot).

If you wish to try my plists and report back, please do. But I'm not willing to troubleshoot random stuff...

Your profile does not indicate your screen resolution. Please fix.

You should expect problems without OsxAptioFix (it is generally required on most hacks).

No idea without EFI/Clover and verbose boot (the problems and solutions vary and depend on exactly what you're doing and what exactly is happening in verbose boot).

If you wish to try my plists and report back, please do. But I'm not willing to troubleshoot random stuff...

Thanks. I have FHD screen

I followed your guide one more time and this is the result. Can you please take a look?

Attachments

• IMG_20160619_182114.jpg
    IMG_20160619_182114.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 76
Thanks. I have FHD screen

Please fix your profile.

I followed your guide one more time and this is the result. Can you please take a look?

Try with VoboxHfs-64.efi instead of HFSplus.efi (it is in the guide).
Try also with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Try all USB ports. Try with both USB2 and USB3.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Please fix your profile.

Try with VoboxHfs-64.efi instead of HFSplus.efi (it is in the guide).
Try also with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Try all USB ports. Try with both USB2 and USB3.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I have already updated the profile (1080p in the line with graphics)

If I delete HFSplus.efi and leave just VoboxHfs-64.efi I can't see the OsX installer USB in clover.
Switching OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi versions changes nothing.

I created this USB2 installer on HP4740s Hackintosh with 10.11.5 installed and tried to boot from all 3 USB's many times. It was from the "Install Os X El capitan" app from app store.

Now I created USB3 installer and tried everything again with the same result :-/

I have already updated the profile (1080p in the line with graphics)

Ok. I didn't see it as screen resolution wasn't last (as per request).

If I delete HFSplus.efi and leave just VoboxHfs-64.efi I can't see the OsX installer USB in clover.

It is covered in the guide. You must make a change to config.plist. Please read the guide carefully.

See also USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

You must make a change to config.plist. Please read the guide carefully.
So I deleted those entries from config.plist and clover see the installer now. Is deleting these lines correct to enable VBoxHFS?
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>VBoxHfs</string>
</array>

The USB guide seem very complicated to me. I really don't know where to start but I really want to get this thing running :-/

Can it be caused by wrong ig-platform-id as it was suggested in this thread before?

So I deleted those entries from config.plist and clover see the installer now. Is deleting these lines correct to enable VBoxHFS?
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>VBoxHfs</string>
</array>

Deleting or disabling... (eg. DisableDrivers -> #DisableDrivers).

The USB guide seem very complicated to me. I really don't know where to start but I really want to get this thing running :-/

Patience and persistence...

Can it be caused by wrong ig-platform-id as it was suggested in this thread before?

Not where you're at...

Patience and persistence...

Can I create the installer HDD? Connect to sata 3 and bypass the USB problem this way?

I read the USB guide and given up on this after trying InjectAllUsb kext. Seems I'm too dumb to figure how to set the ports correctly even with the guide.
There is no need to change config.plist to try this kext right?

Last edited:
Can I create the installer HDD? Connect to sata 3 and bypass the USB problem this way?

Something to try... Keep in mind you don't yet know whether your SATA controller works either.

I read the USB guide and given up on this after trying InjectAllUsb kext. Seems I'm too dumb to figure how to set the ports correctly even with the guide.
There is no need to change config.plist to try this kext right?

Did you try the port limit patch along with USBInjectAll.kext?

Something to try... Keep in mind you don't yet know whether your SATA controller works either.

Did you try the port limit patch along with USBInjectAll.kext?

Not yet.. I will try the SATA method now and then go back to limiting ports if I don't succeed.

EDIT: booting from SATA HDD gives the same result :-/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back