Contribute
Register

[Guide] CustoMac 2013 | Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770K | GT 640 x2 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated to macOS Sierra (from latest El Capitan 10.11.6) via App Store. Everything seems to be working fine, including sound and power management :lol:.
I was prepared to do a clean install after some fails but this seems to be one of the smoothest upgrades so far for me.

Not sure if it's helpful to anyone but I didn't do much:
- updated Clover to latest version via Clover Configurator,
- created 10.12 folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12. But perhaps that was unnecessary, all of the kexts (like FakeSMC) are in Other.
- downloaded macOS Sierra in App Store
- Rebooted to OS X Installer, upgrade took about 25minutes.

Edit:
The one thing I noticed, GTX 680's VRAM went from 2048MB to 2047MB in System Report.

Anyone else running 10.12 yet? I'm pulling it down now, and will install once I've got a day or so to troubleshoot if needed.

Edit: Figured what the hell, it's a Saturday, and installed Sierra.

Updated Clover from the pkg, swapped OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi back into the drivers folder, and installed Sierra from the App Store download.

Front USB 2 ports not working, front USB3 ports are working.
No sound, resolved with audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command.

Last edited:
Anyone else running 10.12 yet? I'm pulling it down now, and will install once I've got a day or so to troubleshoot if needed.

Edit: Figured what the hell, it's a Saturday, and installed Sierra.

Updated Clover from the pkg, swapped OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi back into the drivers folder, and installed Sierra from the App Store download.

Front USB 2 ports not working, front USB3 ports are working.
No sound, resolved with audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command.

Attachments

• Sierra.zip
    672.1 KB · Views: 138
Try these kexts.. Specifically the GA-Z77X_USB.kext for USB the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext for Proper Sata info and AppleALC.kext for sound..

Attachments

• Sierra.zip
    672.1 KB · Views: 127
Will give em a shot, thanks!

Annnd front USB working as it should. Thank you, those kexts made it a hell of a lot easier.

Glad to have helped.. still trying to get Trim support on my system... how did you install your system.. what options did you choose when installing clover??

There is a program called trim enabler, install once and it enables trim on all hard drives. I verified it works in Sierra through hard drive status in the hardware profile page.

guys im on z77x-UD5H, mcPro config was working fine on El Capitan. Now changed it to the recommended iMac 12.2 recommended setting to be able to download Macos Sierra. But seems this config not as optimized as the old Pro 3,1 i had. First thing i noticed: popup sound on any notification triggered. Is there a fix for that? there was an old fix, i wonder if this still work on Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back