Contribute
Register

[Guide] CustoMac 2013 | Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770K | GT 640 x2 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be in the hidden EFI partition, you need to mount it to add/remove anything. Note that it's very easy to make your hackintosh unbootable by mucking around in there so make sure you've read up on any changes before you make them.

Some good info on Clover and how it works:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-basics-and-switching-advice.171680/

Mounting your EFI partition:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-mount-efi-partition.174321/

Great! Thanks for the info. I've got my Clover install on a separate drive so I can muck around all I want without messing up my main system.

strieck, out of curiosity, does your install ever crash when it's not sleeping, or is it only when waking from sleep?

I've been seeing the occasional finder lockup (beach ball of death), which may be related to notification center. Every time I've returned to a crashed finder, there are notifications up (the self-dismissing banners, which should've gone away on their own). May be coincidence, may be related. :/

strieck, out of curiosity, does your install ever crash when it's not sleeping, or is it only when waking from sleep?

I've been seeing the occasional finder lockup (beach ball of death), which may be related to notification center. Every time I've returned to a crashed finder, there are notifications up (the self-dismissing banners, which should've gone away on their own). May be coincidence, may be related. :/

So OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi was definitely not the cause of my issues because it appears that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is installed by default in the latest version of MultiBeast. After further testing, I think I've discovered that Safari was responsible for my freezes after waking from sleep. I found that my freezes almost always occurred when I would try to close a Safari window. I'm using Firefox now, and have gone through several sleep/wake cycles with no issues.

I haven't noticed any Notification Center problems yet, but I don't have many notifications set up at this point. I did get a couple of update notifications from the App Store, and everything seemed fine with those.

Huh, interesting! Chrome is solid as well, if you end up not digging Firefox.

Thanks for the update, let us know if it continue to remain stable.

I'm at two days of uptime and everything is super stable. Sleep/wake works great, but I have to click my mouse once for the computer to wake up and then a second time to activate my monitor.

I've got a couple of minor issues. I get a loud pop from my speakers when audio plays after being idle for awhile. Also, my two front USB ports are non-functional. Neither is a huge deal, and this is the best my hack has been running in a long time.

same here - though the pop has been with me since yosemite, and maybe before. antipopd seemed to work at first, but even though it's still installed and running, i get the pop from the speakers even if using headphone audio.

also the front USB2 is not not working for me as well. i guess that "rerouting" kext is a solution to this but assuming all my front panel USB3 ports are working, i might just go buy another front plate with 2 USB3.0 ports and just forget about the native USB2 ports. my back panel USB2 ports are working though.

i don't have any SSDT but somehow i was able to overclock to 4.1GHz with the imac13,2 definition. all i did was tell clover to generate P states and also turned of EIST in the bios. i need to install that kext and find out what P-states are currently supported. something is definitely weird because i couldn't go beyond 4.1GHz, and after the last reboot HW Monitor is report 4.06GHz when the multiplier is 41x. i don't know what that's about.

Hello everyone...I've follow your guide (thank u) about how to install El Capitan on PC....
I created without problems my USB; every time that I try to install El Capitan, the installation start, apple logo appear on my screen and then my pc restart...everytime.

Is there a solution for that?

Best regards

This was extremely helpful. Although your Multibeast settings are outdated and because of the settings have the wrong audio driver and don't include Chimera. I've attached a more current multibeast quick settings that works with Multibeast 8.2.3.

Attachments

• Z77X-UD5H multibeast settings 9-16-2016.mb
    3.2 KB · Views: 127
This was extremely helpful. Although your Multibeast settings are outdated and because of the settings have the wrong audio driver and don't include Chimera. I've attached a more current multibeast quick settings that works with Multibeast 8.2.3.

How's your setup running? Any issues with your front USB ports, or audio popping (those seem to be the most common with our board)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back