Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

This may be "unrelated, but still related" (in the wise words of our "stable genius" American "President")... Does anyone here have an issue where, when the CPU is under high load, for instance while performing a Time Machine backup, the bluetooth apple Magic Mouse (older version) becomes very laggy, skips around a bit or becomes unresponsive for second then catches up? (Using internal PCI Fenvi "Hackintosh oob approved" a/c/n wifi/bluetooth card) A simpler description; it just becomes really slow.. This is after creating a custom SSDT for USB.. I noticed this would happen a lot worse whenever I would plug in a USB 3 drive before I did the custom SSDT.. It does not do it any longer, just under high load becomes a bit "laggy". Anyone else experiencing this? Or is my build CPU just bottlenecking? Any fix to this?

Edit: I think its not so much so because of CPU load, because I just noticed it not that high.. It's my disk usage that's high (which makes sense because its doing a time machine backup). But using another Logitech USB wireless mouse (not bluetooth) the lag is not there at all.. The Apple keyboard too connected through bluetooth is skipping some letters sometimes, while the Logitech keyboard seems to be working smoothly.. I'm also randomly getting "Connection Lost" popup for the mouse and I have to click it on for it to reconnect, but only to perform the same way.. I've manually powered off and back on the mouse also but same issue.. Is my apple keyboard and mouse set too old? What could this be!? It's driving me nuts!!

Last edited:
Should I still need GenericUSBXHCI.kext after doing thisSSDT job?

Thanks

Should I still need GenericUSBXHCI.kext after doing thisSSDT job?

Thanks

Its my understanding that after this is working the only thing you need is USBinjectall on the usb front.

Hi, I'm stuck with the identifying the USB ports. Yes I did read the guide up and down many times. But I do still not see the SSPX Ports.

You need to use -uia_exclude_hs to allow discovery/testing of SSxx.
Read the guide carefully.

^^^ I believe this did it for me. I did one at a time via " -uia_exclude_hs10,hs09,hs08 ". Definitely add which HSxx has your mouse/keyboard or, for me, bluetooth.

Hi, I'm stuck with the identifying the USB ports. Yes I did read the guide up and down many times. But I do still not see the SSPX Ports.

As per post #1, you must boot with -uia_exclude_hs in order to test SSxx ports.

@RehabMan - this is a technical question about SSDT-UIAC.dsl, so I'm not providing problem reporting files. On my Thinkpad T61 running High Sierra 10.13.6, when I updated my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl file during my upgrade from USBInjectAll.kext version 0.6.5 to 0.7.1, I didn't notice that the EH01.ports.PR11.UsbConnector value was 255 instead of 0 (my EH01.ports.PR11 is an external USB 2.0 port). As expected, a value of 0 allowed my connected USB devices to show on the Desktop and a value of 255 hid my connected USB devices from the desktop (only appearing in the Finder).

I'm not certain, but in addition to the difference in display behavior between UsbConnector=0 and UsbConnector=255, it appears that my USB port EH01.ports.PR11 behaves "better" when UsbConnector=255 (even though it's an external port). When UsbConnector=0, I've observed system "freezes" during large USB transfers. I have not observed these system "freezes" when UsbConnector=255.

I need more testing to confirm this. Do you believe there is any reason why a value of UsbConnector=255 would be more stable than a value of UsbConnector=0?

PR11 should be attached to an internal hub, therefore should be UsbConnector=255.

Edit: Delete last because of a simple copy paste error. Current hang up is this line. Any advice?

As coded in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl, you should NOT specify package sizes.

When I first upgraded to High Sierra, USBInjectAll 0.7.1 was not available. I restored my Sierra partition and prior to upgrading to High Sierra, I updated USBInjectAll 0.6.5 to 0.7.1. Then I upgraded to High Sierra. USB ports work as they should following the upgrade to High Sierra. Just to repeat for clarity, on my very old Thinkpad T61, updating USBInjectAll from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1 after upgrading Sierra to High Sierra resulted in 'broken' USB ports that would not detect inserted devices. Updating USBInjectAll from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1 in Sierra and then upgrading Sierra to High Sierra preserved full USB functionality.

This also worked for FakeSMC and Hardware monitor. Upgrading FakeSMC after upgrading to High Sierra resulted in partial Hardware Monitor functionality that displayed only several system attributes. Updating FakeSMC prior to upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra preserved full Hardware Monitor functionality.

Given you cannot reproduce the problem with USBInjectAll 0.7.1, you had something else broken in that install.

This may be "unrelated, but still related" (in the wise words of our "stable genius" American "President")... Does anyone here have an issue where, when the CPU is under high load, for instance while performing a Time Machine backup, the bluetooth apple Magic Mouse (older version) becomes very laggy, skips around a bit or becomes unresponsive for second then catches up? (Using internal PCI Fenvi "Hackintosh oob approved" a/c/n wifi/bluetooth card) A simpler description; it just becomes really slow.. This is after creating a custom SSDT for USB.. I noticed this would happen a lot worse whenever I would plug in a USB 3 drive before I did the custom SSDT.. It does not do it any longer, just under high load becomes a bit "laggy". Anyone else experiencing this? Or is my build CPU just bottlenecking? Any fix to this?

Edit: I think its not so much so because of CPU load, because I just noticed it not that high.. It's my disk usage that's high (which makes sense because its doing a time machine backup). But using another Logitech USB wireless mouse (not bluetooth) the lag is not there at all.. The Apple keyboard too connected through bluetooth is skipping some letters sometimes, while the Logitech keyboard seems to be working smoothly.. I'm also randomly getting "Connection Lost" popup for the mouse and I have to click it on for it to reconnect, but only to perform the same way.. I've manually powered off and back on the mouse also but same issue.. Is my apple keyboard and mouse set too old? What could this be!? It's driving me nuts!!

Off-topic. This thread is related to USB port injection only.

Back