Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

the USB 2.0 ports I only have in HS

As you should expect.

the 6 USB 3.1 ports I have both in HS01.02.03.04.05.06 and they are the same in SS01.02.03.04.05.06 match

Although the numbers used for HSxx often correlate with the numbers used with SSxx, it is not always the case.

I have to put the HS and SS in the SSDT or which of the two dev's put?

I don't understand the question. Please try to write carefully worded/coherent questions.

The debug_071 files show that USBInjectAll is not even loading under IOResources.
I have no idea why that might happen (especially with no kernel log data).
Not reproducible here.
Try with fresh install.
Note that there are a lot of releases between 0.7.1 and 0.6.5. If you can still repro on a fresh install, try each release to determine when the problem appeared.
Thanks, @RehabMan. I will try a clean install of High Sierra and report back.

As you should expect.

Although the numbers used for HSxx often correlate with the numbers used with SSxx, it is not always the case.

I don't understand the question. Please try to write carefully worded/coherent questions.
Excuse me, I'm telling you, I do not get along with English
I told you that now I know where I have the USB 3.1
the question is that if I have to put in the new SSDT the HS01,02 .............. and the SS01,02 ..............
or just put the Hs or otherwise I put only the SS
or do they both?

I cannot help you with your English skills.

the question is that if I have to put in the new SSDT the HS01,02 .............. and the SS01,02 ..............
or do they both?

No idea what you're asking.

The debug_071 files show that USBInjectAll is not even loading under IOResources.
I have no idea why that might happen (especially with no kernel log data).
Not reproducible here.
Try with fresh install.
Note that there are a lot of releases between 0.7.1 and 0.6.5. If you can still repro on a fresh install, try each release to determine when the problem appeared.
@RehabMan - a clean installation of High Sierra did the trick. USB devices are recognized with version 0.7.1.

EDIT: In addition, a clean install of High Sierra with FakeSMC version 6.26 (September 15, 2018) restored full operation of Hardware Monitor. When I upgraded Sierra to High Sierra, Hardware Monitor was showing only a few temperatures. Clearly, the upgrade didn't go well. A clean install of High Sierra worked best on my Thinkpad T61.

Last edited:
As mentioned in post #1, this guide covers supported Intel USB3 only, not non-Intel USB3.
Your X79 chipset has no Intel USB3.
If you want working USB3, install supported hardware such as an FL1100 based USB3 card.

I can't find in Post #1 any mention of Intel only USB 3.0
But anyway, I forgot to mention it but I already use a PCI USB 3.0 card (this one)
And I have the same problem with internal USB 3.0 and PCI card USB 3.0 ports : only USB 3 devices seem to be supported.

Not only is it "safe", but it is also the best/recommended way, IMO.

You should test your EFI with recovery and installer to determine what is required to use them.

Did exactly that, tested recovery drive, all OK! Thank you!

or do they both?

If you're asking weather or not you should leave both the SS and the SS ports in your SSDT, the answer is yes, you must leave both!

Did exactly that, tested recovery drive, all OK! Thank you!

If you're asking weather or not you should leave both the SS and the SS ports in your SSDT, the answer is yes, you must leave both!
That was what I was asking
but the USB 3.1 ports, the typical 3.0 pen, work on all USB ports, but the HDD 3.0 only works on some ports
Could you tell me why?

I can't find in Post #1 any mention of Intel only USB 3.0

The original 10.11 guide is linked from post #1 and contains this:
Note: This guide is for Intel USB3. Third party USB3 such as Asmedia, NEC/Renasas are problematic. No solution for these controllers AFAIK. Please do not ask about it in this thread.

And I have the same problem with internal USB 3.0 and PCI card USB 3.0 ports : only USB 3 devices seem to be supported.
Make sure you follow post #1 carefully.

but the HDD 3.0 only works on some ports
Could you tell me why?

Check that your SSDT content is correct after "port discovery" procedures/results, post #1.

Back