Contribute
Register

[Guide] Chuwi Aerobook 13" M3-6Y30, HD 515

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one thing I recognized what is different between my installation and the installation. It’s the version, I have installed Mojave and I guess installed Catalina.

Could this cause the different behavior for trackpad? Are there any special steps which need to be done for Catalina installation?

I found something in syslog:

localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 I2C Transaction error details
localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 slave address not acknowledged (7bit mode)
localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 I2C Transaction error: 0x0f000001 - aborting

Any ideas or suggestions, probably I missed something.

I found something in syslog:

localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 I2C Transaction error details
localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 slave address not acknowledged (7bit mode)
localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d60 I2C Transaction error: 0x0f000001 - aborting

Any ideas or suggestions, probably I missed something.
interesting....

Hi!

I'm also an owner of a Chuwi Aerobook so after checking the tutorial I decided to try to Hackintosh it. I've tried it some time ago with Mojave but I had a lot of graphical issues. This time I did it quite successfully with Catalina. The thing is that somehow I get the backlight and sound working, but I'm not able to to get the battery status an the trackpad working. I tried the tutorials but I'm not an advanced user so I'm probably doing something wrong. The battery backup is also very poor in my case, because the laptop is not lasting more than an hour without plugging it in and with Catalina I had a quite decent backup. Anyway, I only wanted to say thank you to all the community users which are making this possible! I'll be around here reading you all. Thank you again.

Hi!

I'm also an owner of a Chuwi Aerobook so after checking the tutorial I decided to try to Hackintosh it. I've tried it some time ago with Mojave but I had a lot of graphical issues. This time I did it quite successfully with Catalina. The thing is that somehow I get the backlight and sound working, but I'm not able to to get the battery status an the trackpad working. I tried the tutorials but I'm not an advanced user so I'm probably doing something wrong. The battery backup is also very poor in my case, because the laptop is not lasting more than an hour without plugging it in and with Catalina I had a quite decent backup. Anyway, I only wanted to say thank you to all the community users which are making this possible! I'll be around here reading you all. Thank you again.
Hey,
the graphical issues in Mojave can be fixed by adding a few things in your config.plist. I didn't add them in tutorial cause no one helped me with testing. I can provide them to try if you want to.
Does your battery work well on windows? I've heard a lot about battery problems with this laptop. Usually, it just dies and you have to replace it with a new one. (link to the battery)
So far, I think Mojave is the best option for our laptop. If your battery died you can use it as a regular PC with an extra mouse. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Thank you bunkerWHz! My battery works just fine with Windows. This is my second Aerobook and my first one had the battery problem you mentioned. I appreciate you a lot If you could provide me the config.plist. In that case I can try it and give you the feedback!

Thanks a lot.

It works on my Aerobook, a little slow and sometimes my laptop reboots...
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 21.52.21.png

1585598604119.png

Thank you bunkerWHz! My battery works just fine with Windows. This is my second Aerobook and my first one had the battery problem you mentioned. I appreciate you a lot If you could provide me the config.plist. In that case I can try it and give you the feedback!

Thanks a lot.

"Update"

I already installed Mojave again and the battery looks pretty decent (around 5 hours of usage mixing different brightness instensity and mostly using Mail, Word and Safari. I have been also able to fix the graphical issues by installing one of the EFI folders posted in this thread by another forum member. However, I am still not able to get the battery status and the trackpad working, so I switched back to Windows, because I need it for work. Anyway, I would like to move back to macOS when it becomes '' fully functional'' if it ever does. Thank you all for your work, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back