HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Laptop Configuration
This guide is for a clean installation of Mojave 10.14 on Chuwi Aerobook (Skylake Core m3-6Y30). It comes with 8gb of ram. It has iGPU Intel HD515 and no dGPU. It also has Intel 3165 network card and SYNA 3602 Touchpad.

• BIOS Settings
Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> Intel Virtualization Technology -> Enabled
Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> AES -> Enabled
Chipset -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> Vt-d -> Disabled
Chipset -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> Graphics Configuration -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
Boot -> Fast Boot -> Disabled
Security -> Secure Boot -> Secure Boot -> Disabled

• Preparing USB Bootable Media
I used the following guide by RehabMan to create the bootable installation media :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Kexts used:
FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, USBInjectAll, Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleBacklightFixup, AppleALC, ACPIBatteryManager

Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

Config.plist used :
config_HD515_520_530_540.plist or you can use my config.plist with all boot args attached in this post.

• Installing macOS
eMMC doesn't work with macOS so you have to install it on SSD.
Use the same Rehabman's guide listed in the previous section to wipe the SSD clean and install macOS Mojave. You should have no problems with it. Don't forget to install Clover on your SSD and copy all kexts, HFSPlus.efi, and config.plist in it.
  • Getting Sound Working
I installed AppleALC.kext and used boot args alcid=18 in order to get the speakers, headphone jack, and mic working.
  • Getting Brightness Control Working
I followed RehabMan's guide to get the Screen Brightness Controls working through System Preferences :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Once, the Brightness Controls are working in System Preferences, I remapped the keys to Increase/Decrease display brightness through System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcut -> Display to F1 and F2. (fn + F1, fn + F2)
  • Battery Status (/01/10/2020 update)
You should carefully follow this guide to extract your DSDT's from Clover and install all tools (iasl/MaciASL)

Use ChuwiAerobookBatteryPatchV2.txt patch attached in this post.

All thanks to lavjamanxd for his initial patch https://github.com/lavjamanxd/chuwi_aerobook_hackintosh

• Screen glitches (/01/10/2020 update)
1) In the section SMBIOS, click the magic wand, select the MacBook image and then select MacBook 9,1 in the box.
2) In the section Devices add the device: "IntelGFX" (Device)- "AAPL,GfxYTile" (key) - "0100000000" (value) - "data" (value type) (this will fix a graphic glitch)

Bugs, I've come across:
  • BT works fine with my Magic Mouse 2 but lags with BT Headphones when I'm switching it from Facetime to Spotify and back. So, I disabled the internal BT using boot args uia_exclude=HS07, and use BT dongle which has no problem with my particular headphones.
Wifi: (28.08.2020 update)

You need to download this kext (itlwm) and a wi-fi Client for itlwm (HeliPort).
Put itlwn.kext into your clover/kexts/other folder and HeliPort into the application folder.

Wifi USB options: (30.01.2020 update)

Follow this guide and pick any of those USB wifi adapters even under Support Drivers` view list. https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover
I bought this particular wifi dongle ($4 click-me) based on the RTL8811AU chip. And it works well with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks.
2020-01-30_15-51-41.png

The best option I think is TP-LINK Archer T2U Nano

What doesn't work so far:
  • Touchpad (SYNA 3602 work in progress)
  • eMMC

iMessage fix (if you use itlwm and HeliPort just login into your Apple account)

Generate Serial Number and UUID to get iMessage working. Follow An Idiot's Guide To iMessage to get it all working.

Is it possible to upgrade Mojave to Catalina? - Yes, but you must change H_EC to EC in Clover / ACPI / DSDT

Geekbench's scores:
Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 15.59.54.png

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 16.09.50.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 23.39.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 23.39.18.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 986
  • Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 00.23.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 00.23.38.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 943
  • Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 00.23.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 00.23.50.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 825
  • config.plist
    14.2 KB · Views: 516
  • ChuwiAerobookBatteryPatchV2.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 386
  • catalina_config.plist
    14.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Hi everyone and @bunkerWHz !
I have too this laptop...
So, were you able to fix the touckpad issue ?
thanks

Hi,
with my EFI touchpad work (after first boot rebuild kext cache and repair permission)
sorry for mi English.........
Ciao Marco!
Can you tell me the BIOS settings you have changed? Im using your efi but the touchpad not works ....

Hi,
thanks for your work!
with my EFI touchpad work (after first boot rebuild kext cache and repair permission)
hi marco!

you had to apply kernel changes?

Hi,
thanks for your work!
sorry marco another question, what version now you running? catalina or mojave?

Hi,
Hey,
could you provide more information like bios settings and etc, cause it doesn't work for me? (Mojave 10.14.6) Or share a link please where you found this patch/efi.
I've compared your dsdt and mine and there was no workaround for the touchpad. The only difference I've noticed is that my laptop now heating up faster.

Hy,
I used your guide.
I use 3 kext to enable touchpad and keyboard.
And i have create a kext for USB.
Touchpad work fine but the sensibility is not perfect....
Try to delete your kext for keyboard an install my kext or put my kext in clover/kext/other
After first boot repair permission and reboot....
No need patch
I use Catalina 10.15.3
Sorry for mi english......View attachment 448167View attachment 448168
Just to be clear, you are able to use your trackpad as a mouse-like? Do gestures work? Could you swipe pages with two fingers? Thanks.

Hy,
trackpad support all gestures like a real mac!
Only the sensibility is not perfect but......work in progress.....

In BIOS MENU, Do you have changed any TOUCHPAD settings ?

Hy,
I used your guide.
I use 3 kext to enable touchpad and keyboard.
And i have create a kext for USB.
Touchpad work fine but the sensibility is not perfect....
Try to delete your kext for keyboard an install my kext or put my kext in clover/kext/other
After first boot repair permission and reboot....
No need patch
I use Catalina 10.15.3
Sorry for mi english......View attachment 448167View attachment 448168View attachment 448180View attachment 448181

Have you changed any TOUCHPAD SETTINGS in BIOS Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back