Contribute
Register

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
//this is a copy of the message from another thread

RehabMan, hello! I have a problem, plz help. Successfully dumped bios and got this (setup IFR.txt). There is 2(!) DVMT: 0x202 and 0x201. Which one I should change to 0x3 to make my HD5600 work as normal(now 7mb)? Or not to 0x3?

So, now I have 7mb video memory in OSX 10.11.3. Tried your patches for 5600 from repository, but it didn't worked for me. Do I need FakeID? Or "ig-platform-id" only?

Thanks!

CONFIG:
Laptop - MSI GS60 2QE-636BY Ghost Pro
Motherboard Model: MSI MS-16H5
Motherboard Chipset: Intel HM87 (Lynx Point)
Intel HD5600
Total Memory Size: 8 GBytes
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
Qualcomm/Atheros e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Intel Wireless-N 7260 BGN 2x2 HMC WiFi Adapter

Attachments

• setup IFR.txt.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 103
//this is a copy of the message from another thread

RehabMan, hello! I have a problem, plz help. Successfully dumped bios and got this (setup IFR.txt). There is 2(!) DVMT: 0x202 and 0x201. Which one I should change to 0x3 to make my HD5600 work as normal(now 7mb)? Or not to 0x3?

According to this IFR, you will need to set both 0x201 an 0x202 to 0x2 for 64mb.

So, now I have 7mb video memory in OSX 10.11.3. Tried your patches for 5600 from repository, but it didn't worked for me. Do I need FakeID? Or "ig-platform-id" only?

FakeID not needed for Broadwell. Only injection of the correct AAPL,ig-platform-id and correct DVMT-prealloc setting.

According to this IFR, you will need to set both 0x201 an 0x202 to 0x2 for 64mb.

Ok. I tried and got this (attachments). What's wrong?

P.S. I enter 0x2, but it automatically was converted to 0x02, is it okay?

Attachments

• IMG_2016-03-16 21:11:45.jpg
    IMG_2016-03-16 21:11:45.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2016-03-16 21:11:13.jpg
    IMG_2016-03-16 21:11:13.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 196
Ok. I tried and got this (attachments). What's wrong?

It may be that your BIOS does not allow the variable to be changed (protected/encrypted).

P.S. I enter 0x2, but it automatically was converted to 0x02, is it okay?

That's fine. 0x2==0x02==0x002==2.

It may be that your BIOS does not allow the variable to be changed (protected/encrypted).

How do I certainly can understand it? And is there any chance to make a video work(not 7 mb)? Thanks.

If you can't change DVMT-prealloc, you can try the minStolenSize patch.

I tried this patch, but it not working for me. And I can't figure out what's wrong. RehabMan, can you please check my config.plist and add this patch for sure? Thanks for your help!

CONFIG:
Intel HD5600

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 265
I tried this patch, but it not working for me. And I can't figure out what's wrong. RehabMan, can you please check my config.plist and add this patch for sure? Thanks for your help!

CONFIG:
Intel HD5600

Make sure you boot without caches (Clover cannot patch kexts it doesn't load).

Make sure you boot without caches (Clover cannot patch kexts it doesn't load).

Yes, I do understand. I always boot without caches (press space button in clover and choose "without caches") if I made changes. But problem is still here..(

Yes, I do understand. I always boot without caches (press space button in clover and choose "without caches") if I made changes. But problem is still here..(

You should double check that you're booting with the config.plist you think you are... Change the theme in your config.plist so you're certain you're editing the same file you're using.

Otherwise, if not working, it is not entirely unexpected. There is probably a reason for the assertion (which the patch disables), and so it could be that the incorrect DVMT-prealloc setting just causes a panic later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back