Contribute
Register

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked that forum and the entire FAQ and couldn't find any help on how to extract the bios rom. Most people seem to have no problem using winrar or even 7zip to open their exe. Im thinking it is something specific to my manufacturer "Dell" and their new UEFI bios exe files. Their old bios files could be extracted with cmd in windows with /writeromfile. If anyone knows anything about this for the dell uefi bios file and can help me extract the .rom that would be great.

FIXED IT YAT!!!

If anyone else runs along this problem with the dell xps 13 hit me up.
- I used the bios backup tool to get the .rom file out
- Also in the instructions where it says to look for the largest size file, this was not the case for me. There were many other files larger that I popped into the IFR extractor but could not recognize or said Unknown. I used the second hint the author mentioned that his file was around 500kb. I took the file closest to that file, popped it into IFR extractor and boom status when green reading "UFEI"

Thanks for all the help out there. I shall continue my work now.

I attached the bios backup tool in here in case you need it.View attachment Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.rar

hi
icant find file .fd for bios
my bios used for lenovo z51-70
cor i7 5500u
c2cn19ww this is name of bios

Hi, I'm following the steps but I'm stuck booting from the EFI shell USB. I formatted my USB to FAT32 and copied the BOOT folder to the root of the USB. When I go to boot from the USB in Legacy, I get this:

20160301_134401.jpg\

I looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find a way to fix this.

Hi, I'm following the steps but I'm stuck booting from the EFI shell USB. I formatted my USB to FAT32 and copied the BOOT folder to the root of the USB. When I go to boot from the USB in Legacy, I get this:

View attachment 179241\

I looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find a way to fix this.

Per UEFI spec, the file must be at \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI (not \BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI).

No, mate, with this Z70-80 I have not changed DVMT yet because BIOS is locked by inside and is impossible to unlocked at least that you know assembled language to modify and after reflash it the BIOS

Hey aduket I have the same laptop Lenovo Z70-80 and I can`t install OSX Capitan again. I did it in past but now nothing. In that moment I used Unibeast 6.0 and now I'm trying with Clover again but from zero. In post that you mentioned the guy doesn't install correctly, his problem is with bootloader. Have You installed the OS on your laptop? :confused: :eek:

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

No, mate, with this Z70-80 I have not changed DVMT yet because BIOS is locked by inside and is impossible to unlocked at least that you know assembled language to modify and after reflash it the BIOS

You can use the minStolenSize patch and hope for the best...

You can use the minStolenSize patch and hope for the best...

Hi Rehabman. How can I use the minStolenSize patch? Maybe could you tell me the complete process to patch my config.plist with that method. Remember with my Lenovo Z70-80 is almost impossible to modify my DVMT ... Please I need your support to complete almost all functions on this laptop. Yesterday I installed OSX 10.11.3 finally but I need to enable graphics correctly.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Rehabman. How can I use the minStolenSize patch? Maybe could you tell me the complete process to patch my config.plist with that method. Remember with my Lenovo Z70-80 is almost impossible to modify my DVMT ... Please I need your support to complete almost all functions on this laptop. Yesterday I installed OSX 10.11.3 finally but I need to enable graphics correctly.

Thanks in advanced.

The patch is in my config.plist files linked by the Clover guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

By default, the patch is disabled. Disabled patches are covered in the guide, post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back