Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Just ran the "gibMacOS.py" and same thing happen. BTW, I ran that on Windows 11.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that.

I have just downloaded the latest ZIP from CorpNewt and gibMacOS does indeed still work:

list.jpg

The only thing I note from the devs page is that MakeInstall.py does not work - on Windows only - from Big Sur onwards. Downloading should still work.

If you have the latest version of gibMacOs and version 3.10** of Python, it should work. If not, sorry I'm stumped.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that.

I have just downloaded the latest ZIP from CorpNewt and gibMacOS does indeed still work:

View attachment 578106

The only thing I note from the devs page is that MakeInstall.py does not work - on Windows only - from Big Sur onwards. Downloading should still work.

If you have the latest version of gibMacOs and version 3.10** of Python, it should work. If not, sorry I'm stumped.
I got the gibMacOS from post #1 and have version 3.12 of Python but still doesn't download.

ty

Yes, I downloaded directly from that URL, but for some reason it would not work for me. Will download again and try soon.

ty
in what way doesn't work?

in what way doesn't work?
Right click gibMacOS.bat (run as Administrator)
Press R to toggle (Recovery-Only)
Press M then type 15
Screen flash real quick and return back to the Main menu.

This is what can capture (Press Pause using external KB)

Attachments

• IMG_E1641.png
    IMG_E1641.png
    934.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Right click gibMacOS.bat (run as Administrator)
Press R to toggle (Recovery-Only)
Press M then type 15
Screen flash real quick and return back to the Main menu.

This is what can capture (Press Pause using external KB)
don't press M

just type in 15 and then press enter

don't press M

just type in 15 and then press enter
Yes, I just did and download success. Since my laptop only has Wifi, can I proceed or need to get a supported USB NIC first.

TY

Last edited:
Yes, I just did and download success. Since my laptop only has Wifi, can I proceed or need to get a supported USB NIC first.

TY
depends on the make and model of your Wifi card.....

I am trying to boot with opencore and have created the USB following the guide in post 1.

I cannot reach the installer, it progresses but then freezes with the output shown below. I have attached my EFI folder

20240317_021137.jpg

Attachments

• 20240317_021144.jpg
    20240317_021144.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
Back