Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Hi Guys

I resolved the issues that mentioned above (AppleKeyStore ... Operation failed) by upgrade kext to last version. But there are new issues now, the boot process was freeze as attach, the CPU fan is in high speed (CPU is running).

Any suggestion ?
what version of macOS? where is your zipped EFI?

Attachments

• EFI-0.8.6.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello!

I have started with Lenovo T460 from the beginning just for learn, just for play. I have installed ok Catalina and Monterey.

I see main topic was edited on sep 17 2023. But EFI files are updated to 2023?
Do I need to update opencore version or kext files ?

Hello!

I have started with Lenovo T460 from the beginning just for learn, just for play. I have installed ok Catalina and Monterey.

I see main topic was edited on sep 17 2023. But EFI files are updated to 2023?
Do I need to update opencore version or kext files ?
you don't need to fix something that is not broken :)

you will only need to update your files if you are planning on upgrading your macOS version

as you are already on Monterey then there is no real need to update

you don't need to fix something that is not broken :)

you will only need to update your files if you are planning on upgrading your macOS version

as you are already on Monterey then there is no real need to update
Understood. thanks

I will follow this topic

Hello,

Quite late for the game but still better than never. Anyway, I ran the "gibMacOS.bat" try to download the Recovery but seems like the URL is no longer work. Please help.

Hello,

Quite late for the game but still better than never. Anyway, I ran the "gibMacOS.bat" try to download the Recovery but seems like the URL is no longer work. Please help.

gibMacOS - the Python script rather than the batch file, does work. I've just used it.

I guess you are downloading from Windows?

gibMacOS - the Python script rather than the batch file, does work. I've just used it.

I guess you are downloading from Windows?
Yes, Windows it is. I will give it a try right now.

Thx

Yes, Windows it is. I will give it a try right now.

Thx
Just ran the "gibMacOS.py" and same thing happen. BTW, I ran that on Windows 11.

Back