Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Figured out the problem.

Builds of Clover r4373 and later omit OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and the Clover installer will delete it from drivers64UEFI.
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi is required to boot Snow Leopard and/or Lion.
This is nicely buried in an unrelated commit by slice with poor/cryptic/unrelated comment "Book may have desktop CPU".
I will revert this change in my build of Clover...
Great!!!

Figured out the problem.

Builds of Clover r4373 and later omit OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and the Clover installer will delete it from drivers64UEFI.
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi is required to boot Snow Leopard and/or Lion.
This is nicely buried in an unrelated commit by slice with poor/cryptic/unrelated comment "Book may have desktop CPU".
I will revert this change in my build of Clover...

New build of RehabMan Clover with AptioMemoryFix.efi synced with Clover svn 4398 is now on bitbucket.

Is kabylake i7-7700hq supported!?

Specs:
Predator Helios 300
I7-7700hq
Intel hd 630
Gtx1060
Hm175 chipset

Is kabylake i7-7700hq supported!?

Specs:
Predator Helios 300
I7-7700hq
Intel hd 630
Gtx1060
Hm175 chipset

You will find an HD630 plist in the repo. Read post #1.

Hey, sorry for the double posting but I have the following computer :

HP Probook 450 G3 with Intel Core i7 6500u (Skylake) / 8 gb RAM/ Intel Graphics 520 And AMD Radeon M340 inside

I tried with clover to install Mac OS by myself but all I can have is some kind of Kernel Panic ("panic (cpu 0 caller ...)

What should I do to make the installation working?

Hey, sorry for the double posting but I have the following computer :

HP Probook 450 G3 with Intel Core i7 6500u (Skylake) / 8 gb RAM/ Intel Graphics 520 And AMD Radeon M340 inside

I tried with clover to install Mac OS by myself but all I can have is some kind of Kernel Panic ("panic (cpu 0 caller ...)

What should I do to make the installation working?

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Hi,
I need some help please...
I follow this Guide and I got really exited because I saw a lot of things happening but... I got stuck in "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" so I follow this Guide to try to fix it,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
but I don't know what I did... I thought SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and chaning the confing.plist would fix it but now I get stuck earlier.. the only thing I'll see is nothing more.
Code:
"AptioMemoryFix(R7): Starting \.IABootFiles\boo.efi
Hibernate wake:no
_"

Thank's for your help :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Hi,
I need some help please...
I follow this Guide and I got really exited because I saw a lot of things happening but... I got stuck in "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" so I follow this Guide to try to fix it,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
but I don't know what I did... I thought SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and chaning the confing.plist would fix it but now I get stuck earlier.. the only thing I'll see is nothing more.
Code:
"AptioMemoryFix(R7): Starting \.IABootFiles\boo.efi
Hibernate wake:no
_"

Thank's for your help :)

Your config.plist is not one of those linked by post #1.
A newer AptioMemoryFix.efi is attached to post #1 and also an even more recent AptioMemoryFix.efi is in my fork of Clover (my fork of Clover is recommended by post #1).
And if AptioMemoryFix.efi is not working, you should try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Your SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is not coded correctly.
This:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, 4, NotSerialized)

Should be:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

Your config.plist is not one of those linked by post #1.
A newer AptioMemoryFix.efi is attached to post #1 and also an even more recent AptioMemoryFix.efi is in my fork of Clover (my fork of Clover is recommended by post #1).
And if AptioMemoryFix.efi is not working, you should try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Your SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is not coded correctly.
This:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, 4, NotSerialized)

Should be:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

I've changed the config.plist file for one that you linked by post #1 I red all the instructions but to be honest I didn't fully understood which one to use... after reading what you said:
If your screen is 1600x900 (or greater) use one of the 1600x900 config files.

Common ig-platform-ids:
0x01660003: HD4000 1366x768
0x01660004: HD4000 1600x900, 1920x1080
0x01660008, 0x01660009: HD4000 1600x900, 1920x1080

I chose that config.plist, but I don't know if I'm still missing something else because now I don't see anything just a black screen. I also change the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and try using your new AptioMemoryFix.efi and even try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but I still don't have any luck.

Thanks dude your are awesome! :headbang::thumbup:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
I've changed the config.plist file for one that you linked by post #1 I red all the instructions but to be honest I didn't fully understood which one to use... after reading what you said:

I chose that config.plist, but I don't know if I'm still missing something else because now I don't see anything just a black screen. I also change the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and try using your new AptioMemoryFix.efi and even try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but I still don't have any luck.

Thanks dude your are awesome! :headbang::thumbup:

Primary selection criteria for config.plist is graphics device, not screen resolution.
You should not attempt to use an Ivy Bridge plist with your Skylake hardware.

Back