Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Clover Rev4368+ has working native NVRAM on AMI systems. For that, OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is preferred. Maybe add a note for it?

Recommended Clover build is the RehabMan fork. I have not updated to the latest changes in OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

There is a lot of churn there and more to come. Looks like it will be renamed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi or AptioMemoryFix.efi. And looks like OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi changes will be reverted, as this change doesn't work for everyone (sounds like some changes to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi have completely broken it).

I'm waiting for the dust to settle. And, of course, I have to merge those changes and test for all my published guides (as much as possible anyway).

There is a lot of churn there and more to come. Looks like it will be renamed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi or AptioMemoryFix.efi. And looks like OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi changes will be reverted, as this change doesn't work for everyone (sounds like some changes to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi have completely broken it).
You predicted it quite right.

Now testing with merged Clover and AptioMemoryFix.efi on a variety of computers.
Means a new release from you sometime soon?
Lemme try using AptioMemoryFix instead of AptioFix3. How can I check if I have defragmentation issue?

Means a new release from you sometime soon?

I'm pretty busy lately, so it may be some time before I can test on all my computers and put out a build.
I may push updated source sooner than that for those that want to build their own.
Note that building AptioMemoryFix.efi is a separate task as it is not part of Clover.

Lemme try using AptioMemoryFix instead of AptioFix3.

I think AptioMemoryFix is just updated OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

How can I check if I have defragmentation issue?

I don't know which issue you're referring to.

I may push updated source sooner than that for those that want to build their own.
Looking forward to it.

I don't know which issue you're referring to.
Sorry. My bad. That was not meant to be “defragmentation”.

I was asking about memory fragmentation issue. How do I check if I am affected by this?

I think AptioMemoryFix is just updated OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.
Oh! Okay. I thought it was a third party driver (read somewhere on IM)

Regards

I was asking about memory fragmentation issue. How do I check if I am affected by this?

Still don't know which "memory fragmentation issue" you're referring to.

Oh! Okay. I thought it was a third party driver (read somewhere on IM)

Both come from vit9696 work. It has gone through several renames...

How to disable the 32MB patch for DVMT-prealloc, my one is set to 128MB as default. Thanks.

How to disable the 32MB patch for DVMT-prealloc, my one is set to 128MB as default. Thanks.

You will find the patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

But, how are you discovering your DVMT-prealloc is 128mb?

Back