Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hey Rehab, terrific work, chears!

I’m not sure if I have understood correctly about the patch to disable Nvidia GPU. In the topic you have suggested the fellow says your files in this thread are all patched to disable de Nvidia and allowing only intel GPU.

Is that correct? Or do I need to patch?

Hey Rehab, terrific work, chears!

I’m not sure if I have understood correctly about the patch to disable Nvidia GPU. In the topic you have suggested the fellow says your files in this thread are all patched to disable de Nvidia and allowing only intel GPU.

Is that correct? Or do I need to patch?

No idea what you're referring to.
Disabling Nvidia is part of ACPI patching and is a post-install task.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

For installation, we spoof it, as it is easier (not the same as disabling).
It is necessary in the case the config.plist injections for Nvidia don't work.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

I swapped my original config.plist file with the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist file, but after doing that Clover doesn't show any boot devices. Switching back to my original config.plist file allows Clover to recognize my boot devices and allows me to boot into macOS, but without Intel 5500 support. I have an Intel i7 with 5500 Graphics at 1920x1080 (Broadwell). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all that needs to be done is patch the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist file to show my boot devices. If I'm right, how could I go about doing this?

I swapped my original config.plist file with the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist file, but after doing that Clover doesn't show any boot devices.

You forgot HFSPlus.efi.
Please read post #1. Carefully.

You forgot HFSPlus.efi.
Please read post #1. Carefully.

Thanks, I ignored that step thinking I had it, stupid mistake on my part.

I tried that, but now when I boot, this happens:
1st, the Apple logo is displayed, as usual. Then, it shows a progress bar, similarly to what happens in a system update. Next, it shows some glitchy screen with 8 Apple logos and some progress bars underneath them. Eventually a loading circle appears and a cursor appears too, except I can’t do anything, and the loading circle is still. I’ve attached a picture of it. What can I do from here?

Thanks for all your help so far!

Attachments

• 8E66FBF8-FDE5-40BC-A53B-B9A5055FECC3.jpeg
    8E66FBF8-FDE5-40BC-A53B-B9A5055FECC3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
Thanks, I ignored that step thinking I had it, stupid mistake on my part.

I tried that, but now when I boot, this happens:
1st, the Apple logo is displayed, as usual. Then, it shows a progress bar, similarly to what happens in a system update. Next, it shows some glitchy screen with 8 Apple logos and some progress bars underneath them. Eventually a loading circle appears and a cursor appears too, except I can’t do anything, and the loading circle is still. I’ve attached a picture of it. What can I do from here?

Thanks for all your help so far!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Clover Rev4368+ has working native NVRAM on AMI systems. For that, OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is preferred. Maybe add a note for it?

P.S: I now have working NVRAM with OsxAptioFixDrv3-64 (OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 mostly requires a slide value and didn't work for me) and CLOVER Rev4380.

Regards

I added a build of AptioMemoryFix.efi and a note in post #1 regarding it.
You can still use it with the current RehabMan build.

I will update my build of Clover, but not before I figure out why current builds of Clover break booting Snow Leopard...
Not my break, but hopefully I can figure out who's mistake it was...
The break of SL happened somewhere between 4369 and 4380 (4369 works, 4380 not).

The next build of my Clover will have the option for AptioMemoryFix.efi in the installer...

I will update my build of Clover, but not before I figure out why current builds of Clover break booting Snow Leopard...
Not my break, but hopefully I can figure out who's mistake it was...
The break of SL happened somewhere between 4369 and 4380 (4369 works, 4380 not).

Figured out the problem.

Builds of Clover r4373 and later omit OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi and the Clover installer will delete it from drivers64UEFI.
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi is required to boot Snow Leopard and/or Lion.
This is nicely buried in an unrelated commit by slice with poor/cryptic/unrelated comment "Book may have desktop CPU".
I will revert this change in my build of Clover...

Back