Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Yup, I'll try tommorow. Thanks in advance bro. Have a nice weekend!

The installer asks whether you are connected to a network.
Skip that section.
Hi, if I'm not connect to internet by unplug internet jack. the continue button is grey. and stuck at that...

Attachments

• 22522134_1422507997870815_1024402719_o.jpg
    22522134_1422507997870815_1024402719_o.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi, if I'm not connect to internet by unplug internet jack. the continue button is grey. and stuck at that...
yes, leave the network card plugged in while installing, then remove after the first boot

or just do what Rehabman said and click the skip option

I'd like to thank RehabMan for all of his guides. Thank to him I successfully installed macOS High Sierra on my Acer Travelmate P238-M 511P.

Thank you! You're the man!

BaseBinaries clone method wont work for macOS High Sierra. have try this method for usb stick after mounting installesd.dmg there is no BaseSystem.dmg. I search file in Install macOS High Sierra.app and make it manual restore after that copy package. On install screen it shows system/installer/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.
There is any alternate method to fix this??
or need to do normal method
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app" --nointeraction

I applied the guide but I get the error in the picture. I shared the EFI file. Systems:
Intel Core i5 4200U
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
238841-4fea8eb23cdbfbc2079fd844258215c0.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 110
I applied the guide but I get the error in the picture. I shared the EFI file. Systems:
Intel Core i5 4200U
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
View attachment 287092

You did not follow the guide. And "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete anyway.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Back