Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

So, actually ofter so much pain, it was pretty easy to download the y50 patch for Iokit, and apply the patch, i managed to get the intel working properly and get all system working good, im happy finally! ty rehabman for all your work! i have one more question, if i want a bigger resolution on my hackintosh, can i manage to change it? cause in my display option i can't change for a qhd res or bigger as u can see in the photo. And also i have macbook pro 13 config, is that the right config for my alienware 15?For some reason i could't boot high sierra, as this is version 12.6.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.01.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.01.19 PM.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.05.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 2.05.11 PM.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 123
So, actually ofter so much pain, it was pretty easy to download the y50 patch for Iokit, and apply the patch, i managed to get the intel working properly and get all woirking good, im happy finally! ty rehabman for all your work! i have one more question, if i want a bigger resolution on my hackintosh, can i manage to change it? cause in my display option i can't change for a qhd res or bigger as u can see in the photo. And also i have macbook pro 13 config, is that the right config for my alienware?

What you show in your images is normal.
You should not expect to set the resolution to qhd, as text would be ridiculously small.
About this Mac content is based on the SMBIOS you choose to use.

Is kinda weird, on windows my cpu fan is always off, but on hackintosh the cpu fan is always noisey, i don;t know why, and is there something i can config so my fan be a lot quiter? or install nvidia and make a better performance in general, i mean if i run games, can they run on nvidia gpu?i know that optimus is off here.

Hi rehabman,

I’m currently doing a fresh install on my pro book 4540s.
I’m a complete novice when it comes to hackintoshing. But I’ve been successfully using the guides here for the past ten years. I think it may be helpful to add an additional note at the apfs.efi step
“Update scenario using 'startosinstall'

After downloading the 10.13 installer, instead of running it, quit.

Then in Terminal:
Code (Text):

/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

The system will copy some files, then reboot, and you'll be able to start the installer (without APFS conversion) by booting the "Boot macOS Install from ..." option in Clover.”

I’m doing a “test” install on an old hdd now but will finalize on my wd black2 fusion drive. I will install the fix to my install usb before I do that.

Thank you

Hi all,

It's been a while and now I come back to reinstall sierra 10.12.6 on my HP probook 6570b.
Following all steps to creat successful USB.
but at install windows, steps before it counting time to comple, a windows ask me to give apple ID and password, then a message came "This item is temporarily unavailable, please try again later", keeping stuck on that step

I've already try with 10.12.5 but same problem!. Pls help me

Hi rehabman,

I’m currently doing a fresh install on my pro book 4540s.
I’m a complete novice when it comes to hackintoshing. But I’ve been successfully using the guides here for the past ten years. I think it may be helpful to add an additional note at the apfs.efi step
“Update scenario using 'startosinstall'

After downloading the 10.13 installer, instead of running it, quit.

Then in Terminal:
Code (Text):

/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

The system will copy some files, then reboot, and you'll be able to start the installer (without APFS conversion) by booting the "Boot macOS Install from ..." option in Clover.”

I’m doing a “test” install on an old hdd now but will finalize on my wd black2 fusion drive. I will install the fix to my install usb before I do that.

Thank you

APFS vs. HFS+J already covered here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Hi all,

It's been a while and now I come back to reinstall sierra 10.12.6 on my HP probook 6570b.
Following all steps to creat successful USB.
but at install windows, steps before it counting time to comple, a windows ask me to give apple ID and password, then a message came "This item is temporarily unavailable, please try again later", keeping stuck on that step

I've already try with 10.12.5 but same problem!. Pls help me

Do not enable networking within the installer.
Do not attempt to sign into iCloud within the installer.

Do not enable networking within the installer.
Do not attempt to sign into iCloud within the installer.

So, you mean during install process, I won't plug internet jack? And any internet connection ?? ^^

So, you mean during install process, I won't plug internet jack? And any internet connection ?? ^^

The installer asks whether you are connected to a network.
Skip that section.

Back