Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi,
I tried to install Sierra to my schenker xmg A722 and only got clover loading from usb. When I hit "Boot Mac OS X from USB" the screen goes black after the half of the loading bar under the apple logo and does nothing else. I followed the guide from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/. I prepared the usb stick with legacy mode because i cant find uefi in my BIOS Settings. Any tips?

Specs are:
System: Schenker XMG A722 + Clover legacy
CPU: i7 3630QM / HM77 (Clevo W35_37ET Ivy board)
Graphics: HD4000+GeForce GTX 660M, 1920x1080

Hi,
I tried to install Sierra to my schenker xmg A722 and only got clover loading from usb. When I hit "Boot Mac OS X from USB" the screen goes black after the half of the loading bar under the apple logo and does nothing else. I followed the guide from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/. I prepared the usb stick with legacy mode because i cant find uefi in my BIOS Settings. Any tips?

Specs are:
System: Schenker XMG A722 + Clover legacy
CPU: i7 3630QM / HM77 (Clevo W35_37ET Ivy board)
Graphics: HD4000+GeForce GTX 660M, 1920x1080
follow the guide from post 1

follow the guide from post 1

Thanks for your help.

I followed the guide. Now im in the installation process and i have to format my disk in gpt. But i only have the two dropdowns: Name and format, but there is no scheme. I have no UEFI. I did the legacy installation way

Thanks for your help.

I followed the guide. Now im in the installation process and i have to format my disk in gpt. But i only have the two dropdowns: Name and format, but there is no scheme.

Partitioning is different from formatting.
Partitioning is something you perform on a block storage device (such as HDD/SSD). It divides the device into partitions.
Formatting is something done after partitioning. Formatting initializes a partition for a particular file system.

So whats the solution for my problem?

No idea. You have not been clear on the issue. Use an image if needed. Ask detailed questions.

And your profile is not filled out as per FAQ/post #1. Please fix.

No idea. You have not been clear on the issue. Use an image if needed. Ask detailed questions.

And your profile is not filled out as per FAQ/post #1. Please fix.

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

3. Press spacebar (or plug in a USB keyboard) if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install OS X to your formatted partition. If you used the "Unibeast method" or "BaseBinaries clone method", skip to step 7. If you used the 'createinstall media' method, please continue, the installer will extract necessary files to and verify them against the USB. This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

so this is the part i stuck. I opened disk utility and in my case i dont have the option to choose a scheme for the disk. I only have the options: Name and format. So i cant choose the GPT for this disk

so this is the part i stuck. I opened disk utility and in my case i dont have the option to choose a scheme for the disk. I only have the options: Name and format. So i cant choose the GPT for this disk

Did you click on the "Partition" button in Disk Utility?
Keep in mind partitioning a disk will erase everything on it.

Did you click on the "Partition" button in Disk Utility?
Keep in mind partitioning a disk will erase everything on it.

The "Partition" button is greyed out

Back