Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi Sir,

1- Can I create the bootable stick using Unibeast instead of the method you mentioned under "Installing Clover to USB"?, actually I find the Unibeast method easy... Once I make it, I could change the kexts files and other things according to this guide.

2- I've Intel HD 520 with 1366x768, I don't know which .plist file I choose from the link below and what changes I need to make in it, please guide a little on that.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

3- I always boot into bootloader menu but never ever made it to the macOS Sierra Installer due to the Kernel Panic you mentioned above, due to DVMT, AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer(10.2.5), what must I do? I don't know how to find/replace, make changes to config.plist file and deal with the information on this page, literally don't understand :crazy:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

Please help me, I shall be very thankful

Last edited:
Hi Sir,

1- Can I create the bootable stick using Unibeast instead of the method you mentioned under "Installing Clover to USB"?, actually I find the Unibeast method easy... Once I make it, I could change the kexts files and other things according to this guide.

2- I've Intel HD 520 with 1366x768, I don't know which .plist file I choose from the link below and what changes I need to make in it, please guide a little on that.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

3- I always boot into bootloader menu but never ever made it to the macOS Sierra Installer due to the Kernel Panic you mentioned above, due to DVMT, AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer(10.2.5), what must I do? I don't know how to find/replace, make changes to config.plist file and deal with the information on this page, literally don't understand :crazy:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

Please help me, I shall be very thankful

1. You will need to make sure your EFI/Clover matches the guide recommendations (config.plist, drivers64UEFI, kexts)

2. There is only one plist with 520 in the name.

3. Read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc.

1. You will need to make sure your EFI/Clover matches the guide recommendations (config.plist, drivers64UEFI, kexts)

2. There is only one plist with 520 in the name.

3. Read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc.

Sir I'm very much thankful that you considered my post...

1- That one .plist file with 520 in the name has screen resolution 1920x1080 in its code text, my question is, would I need to change it to 1366x768, which is basically my laptop's screen resolution?

2- I've read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc, but it have no idea how will I deal with things like these:

?????????????????????????????????????????????
The header data for 0x19160000:

00001619 00000000 54880800 00000000 01030303 00002002 00005001

Again, we have the same 34+21=55MB as on the Broadwell example. We need to trim it down to fit into 32MB.

And again, we can use the known good Haswell data:

Comment: 0x19160000/etc, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)
Name: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 01030303 00002002 00005001
Replace: 01030303 00003001 00009000
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Activating the patch

Patching things

Applicable ig-platform-id values etc.....

================Any Video Tutorial On This Or Step By Step Guide To?===================

Sir I'm very much thankful that you considered my post...

1- That one .plist file with 520 in the name has screen resolution 1920x1080 in its code text, my question is, would I need to change it to 1366x768, which is basically my laptop's screen resolution?

None of the plists set config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution (config.plist/GUI/#ScreenResolution has no effect).
Keep in mind config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution is for Clover resolution.

2- I've read the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc, but it have no idea how will I deal with things like these:

The patch for DVMT-prealloc 32mb is already in the applicable plists.
But you need to use an invalid ig-platform-id until post-install.
Read the guide carefully.

sudo "/Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app" --nointeraction

Attention: This will Erase your drive be sure to back up

Attention: This will Erase your drive be sure to back up

Of course. It is expected.

But if you're following post #1 as written, at the point you run this command, there is nothing on the install_osx volume as you just created it with diskutil.

Thanks for this guide :thumbup:. Everything works except Wi-Fi and shutdown.
Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 13.48.16.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I have Clevo M860TU laptop since 2009, which is old, but good machine for hackintosh.
Using UniBeast, I've create bootable flash and without any problem install El Capitan 10.11.5 on SSD in Legacy mode with Clover.
Laptop is masked to MacBookPro 5.1
WIN10 is also in use on separate hard drive.
I have non-supported WI-FI card, which will be upgraded for supported one.
small issue with sound card -internal microphone is not working with patched AplleHDA kext, while all other audio ports are correct and ready for use.
DSDT was patched for battery status, thanks for Rehabman!

I tried to make a dual boot with clover Hack and Win in Legacy mode, but failed with it.
BIOS (Phoenix) has in Advanced next row - Legacy OS disabled, which is given chance to boot EFI type OS.
There is no problem with WIN 10 to install in EFI-mode, but when I'm trying to boot from USB with EFI-Clover (to avoid mess existed system and Clover) i have next:
1. only text mode of Clover irrespective of chosen theme
2. trying to choose boot MacOs from drive, from Recovery or even start UefiShell - i have "Unregistered exception handler" screen and only power OFF help to re-load laptop.

Once I put in BIOS Legacy OS enable to boot legacy first Clover starts from flash and run OS normally.

I tried same config.plist as for Legacy, basic config.plist, different boot args, but nothing help.
I recreated flash drive several times with Clover following guide on first page, with different kexts and drivers. Tried out different flash-drives and USB-HDD. Result the same.
May be some one have a solution how to fight with and finally install Clover for UEFI
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!
I have Clevo M860TU laptop since 2009, which is old, but good machine for hackintosh.
Using UniBeast, I've create bootable flash and without any problem install El Capitan 10.11.5 on SSD in Legacy mode with Clover.
Laptop is masked to MacBookPro 5.1
WIN10 is also in use on separate hard drive.
I have non-supported WI-FI card, which will be upgraded for supported one.
small issue with sound card -internal microphone is not working with patched AplleHDA kext, while all other audio ports are correct and ready for use.
DSDT was patched for battery status, thanks for Rehabman!

I tried to make a dual boot with clover Hack and Win in Legacy mode, but failed with it.
BIOS (Phoenix) has in Advanced next row - Legacy OS disabled, which is given chance to boot EFI type OS.
There is no problem with WIN 10 to install in EFI-mode, but when I'm trying to boot from USB with EFI-Clover (to avoid mess existed system and Clover) i have next:
1. only text mode of Clover irrespective of chosen theme
2. trying to choose boot MacOs from drive, from Recovery or even start UefiShell - i have "Unregistered exception handler" screen and only power OFF help to re-load laptop.

Once I put in BIOS Legacy OS enable to boot legacy first Clover starts from flash and run OS normally.

I tried same config.plist as for Legacy, basic config.plist, different boot args, but nothing help.
I recreated flash drive several times with Clover following guide on first page, with different kexts and drivers. Tried out different flash-drives and USB-HDD. Result the same.
May be some one have a solution how to fight with and finally install Clover for UEFI
Thanks in advance

Open a separate thread.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back