Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, I'm using XPS 13 9350 with 4k screen, boot is normal but the problem is the text very small in clover, I tried change resolution to 1366x768 using clover configurator and it works but cannot boot, hang when there is Apple logo glitch(Sierra)

How to change resolution properly? Thanks

Hi, I'm using XPS 13 9350 with 4k screen, boot is normal but the problem is the text very small in clover, I tried change resolution to 1366x768 using clover configurator and it works but cannot boot, hang when there is Apple logo glitch(Sierra)

How to change resolution properly? Thanks

Off-topic. Open a separate thread. Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #1.

Post installation: after installing clover to my hard drive, it is stuck in a weird boot loop, when booting into MacOS sierra, the apple logo will appear for a few seconds, then it will bring me back to the loading screen of my UEFI, any suggestions?

Hello.
Please i need help. Im trying install macOS Sierra on Probook 4530s by following this guide, but i have problem. I boot a efi file on usb and I choose install, after 15 minutes it shows only grey screen and spinning ball.
Can somebody please help me, which kext should i copy on usb?
I use config_HD3000_1366x768.plist.
.efi, kext and notebook description are on screenshot.

Sorry for my english.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-11-11 22.45.31.png
    Screenshot 2016-11-11 22.45.31.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 103
  • cpu.png
    cpu.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 127
  • gpu.png
    gpu.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Followed this guide and created a successful hack for a dell Inspiron 15 3542, still haven't patched the SSDT for the audio kext, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For the meantime, the trackpad is really annoying, the settings for the track pad in preferences is blank? The trackpad 'locks' when you place two fingers on it, is this a MacBook feature? Can I disable it? Furthermore, my CAPS lock key requires me to press it twice to activate?
Any response is greatly appreciated, this guide has been very helpful.

Post installation: after installing clover to my hard drive, it is stuck in a weird boot loop, when booting into MacOS sierra, the apple logo will appear for a few seconds, then it will bring me back to the loading screen of my UEFI, any suggestions?

It means your EFI/Clover on the HDD is not setup correctly. Make sure it is the same as USB... (kexts, config.plist, drivers64UEFI, etc).

I can't see the guide when I am signed in?

No idea what you're referring to.

Hello.
Please i need help. Im trying install macOS Sierra on Probook 4530s by following this guide, but i have problem. I boot a efi file on usb and I choose install, after 15 minutes it shows only grey screen and spinning ball.
Can somebody please help me, which kext should i copy on usb?
I use config_HD3000_1366x768.plist.
.efi, kext and notebook description are on screenshot.

Sorry for my english.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Followed this guide and created a successful hack for a dell Inspiron 15 3542, still haven't patched the SSDT for the audio kext, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For the meantime, the trackpad is really annoying, the settings for the track pad in preferences is blank? The trackpad 'locks' when you place two fingers on it, is this a MacBook feature? Can I disable it? Furthermore, my CAPS lock key requires me to press it twice to activate?
Any response is greatly appreciated, this guide has been very helpful.

Sounds like you installed Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Thanks to RehabMan for the guide I can install Sierra! The only thing is WI-FI, not supported Broadcom BCM 43227.

Thanks a lot!

Back