Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi RehabMan, I tried creating a USB for my HP Probook 6550B but it's not booting to the installer, maybe due to video driver issues. Since I could not find a config file that suits my video card I chose config_HD3000_1366x768.plist, but not sure how to modify the file.

First followed GhostRaiders suggestion of removing AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, had no luck so did what you had in the guide with exactly the same result.

This is what I get when enabling verbose mode
View attachment 219112

Hoping to get some guidance from you to get this install to work.

Thank you in advance

Open a separate thread...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Make sure to fill out your profile as requested in this guide.

Hi, after getting to the installation process, it won't let me format my drive to install OS X... I have pictures. I need to know if I am doing it right or if something went wrong while setting up my USB. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2912.JPG
    IMG_2912.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2913.JPG
    IMG_2913.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 81
Hi,
i'm new here and i'm trying to setup my toshiba z30.
I've installed and it boots well to Sierra.
Now i need to make work my HD 4400. I've downloaded the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
When i try to boot, it doesn't show me my MAC partition to start booting, but if i put old config.plist it shows me and boot quite well.
Is it possible to anyone help me?
Thank you

Hi, after getting to the installation process, it won't let me format my drive to install OS X... I have pictures. I need to know if I am doing it right or if something went wrong while setting up my USB. Thank you.
doesn't look like it is finding your hard drives, and for some reason you are trying to format your usb install disk?

Back