Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, Rehabman! Sorry for my english.
Can't get clover to boot on my lenovo G580. I have blinking underscore after booting my USB drive. Tried your Config.plist, and other man config for Hd3000 on 7 series chipset (I had celeron b815, which i've upgraded to i7-2630qm, HM76 chipset) and have no luck with UEFI boot (Haven't tried legacy boot yet).
(long time ago I've booted clover, but it taked about 2-5 minutes, but then I was to busy to install OS X and installed new ssd)
On this try I cannot boot clover even after 20 minutes of waiting.
What thing can prevent clover to boot?
(Clover r4359)

Can't get clover to boot on my lenovo G580. I have blinking underscore after booting my USB drive. Tried your Config.plist, and other man config for Hd3000 on 7 series chipset (I had celeron b815, which i've upgraded to i7-2630qm, HM76 chipset) and have no luck with UEFI boot (Haven't tried legacy boot yet).
(long time ago I've booted clover, but it taked about 2-5 minutes, but then I was to busy to install OS X and installed new ssd)

Open a separate thread.
Attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Overview
The SATA injector kexts as detailed in the guide are available in the attachments below...
I am sorry, I use your compiler clover .. Found repair header does not seem to work (FixHeaders) DefinitionBlock ("", "DSDT", 2, "_ASUS_", "Notebook", 0x00000012) does not change, the previous version will automatically Another problem with renaming _ASUS_ is adding the _DSM attribute to the device, which does not have enough parameters in the patch to allow the system to recognize the device properly, at least not allowing the system to recognize the correct "type" for the device. I think the current addition AAPL and other parameters is not enough to make the system to determine the controller .... Need to add more attributes to allow the system to determine the type of device that can identify and work are: AHCI controller (pci8086, 9c03) other network controller (bcm432b) Display Controller 0x0a160000, Unrecognized but EHC1 (EH01) xHCI (XHC) ALC3236 (ALC233) is working on the device because I lost the attribute parameters before USB, causing the PCI panel to show the type of human injection. Add what value allows the system to identify the type of device?

I am sorry, I use your compiler clover .. Found repair header does not seem to work (FixHeaders) DefinitionBlock ("", "DSDT", 2, "_ASUS_", "Notebook", 0x00000012) does not change, the previous version will automatically

"_ASUS_" is not non-ascii. Requires no change to avoid the _isprint related KP. Therefore not affected by FixHeaders.

Another problem with renaming _ASUS_ is adding the _DSM attribute to the device, which does not have enough parameters in the patch to allow the system to recognize the device properly, at least not allowing the system to recognize the correct "type" for the device. I think the current addition AAPL and other parameters is not enough to make the system to determine the controller .... Need to add more attributes to allow the system to determine the type of device that can identify and work are: AHCI controller (pci8086, 9c03) other network controller (bcm432b) Display Controller 0x0a160000, Unrecognized but EHC1 (EH01) xHCI (XHC) ALC3236 (ALC233) is working on the device because I lost the attribute parameters before USB, causing the PCI panel to show the type of human injection. Add what value allows the system to identify the type of device?

No idea what you're referring to.
Please open a separate thread.
And describe your issues clearly... along with "Problem Reporting" files.

(Clover r4359)
you can try legacy boot .i used that way successfully

I request to rehabman please recreate bootable BaseBinaries clone method still active for OS X El Capitan please change it for high Sierra

I request to rehabman please recreate bootable BaseBinaries clone method still active for OS X El Capitan please change it for high Sierra

It doesn't seem to be necessary, so I haven't bothered.

Hi guys
So I've followed this (and other guides, too) to get macOS High Sierra on my HP EliteBook 840 G1. I can get to the installer without any problems, but as soon as it reboots the first time (Post #2, Step 5), I get a CMOS Error 502.
As I can boot into various LInux-distros effortlessly, I don't think that the problem lies with my CMOS battery.
Apparently I need a patched AppleRTC, but I have no idea where to get that (only thing I found was this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cmos-reset-502.175018/).

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Hi guys
So I've followed this (and other guides, too) to get macOS High Sierra on my HP EliteBook 840 G1. I can get to the installer without any problems, but as soon as it reboots the first time (Post #2, Step 5), I get a CMOS Error 502.
As I can boot into various LInux-distros effortlessly, I don't think that the problem lies with my CMOS battery.
Apparently I need a patched AppleRTC, but I have no idea where to get that (only thing I found was this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cmos-reset-502.175018/).

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Open a separate thread. Attach "Problem reporting" files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI
Clover Rev4368+ has working native NVRAM on AMI systems. For that, OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 is preferred. Maybe add a note for it?

P.S: I now have working NVRAM with OsxAptioFixDrv3-64 (OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 mostly requires a slide value and didn't work for me) and CLOVER Rev4380.

Regards

Back