Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

My internet HDD in not present in disk utility when i try to install Sierra i have a tried your both kext for unsupported SATA and RAID

My internet HDD in not present in disk utility when i try to install Sierra i have a tried your both kext for unsupported SATA and RAID

Open a separate thread. Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #1.

Also, you will need to provide details on your internal drive. I'm not sure what an "internet HDD" is...

Hi,

I tried to install El Capitan to my schenker xmg A722 and only got clover loading from usb. When I hit "Install El Capitan..." the screen goes black and does nothing else (saw a few posts about only "+" being printed, but mine does really nothing). Any tips?

Specs are:
System: Schenker XMG A722 + Clover legacy
CPU: i7 3630QM / HM77 (Clevo W35_37ET Ivy board)
Graphics: HD4000+GeForce GTX 660M, 1920x1080

thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

Hi,

I tried to install El Capitan to my schenker xmg A722 and only got clover loading from usb. When I hit "Install El Capitan..." the screen goes black and does nothing else (saw a few posts about only "+" being printed, but mine does really nothing). Any tips?

Specs are:
System: Schenker XMG A722 + Clover legacy
CPU: i7 3630QM / HM77 (Clevo W35_37ET Ivy board)
Graphics: HD4000+GeForce GTX 660M, 1920x1080

thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

Did you follow the guide in post #1?

Did you follow the guide in post #1?
Had followed desktop guide as it seems so. Trying the guide in post #1 now and check back later.

Had followed desktop guide as it seems so. Trying the guide in post #1 now and check back later.

This guide is for laptops. Desktop questions are off-topic.

This guide is for laptops. Desktop questions are off-topic.
I wanted to install macOS to a laptop but accidently followed the desktop guide. Used the guide of post #1 and everything is working. Doing post-install stuff tomorrow as it is late by now. Thanks for the guide and help tho!

Had everything up and running so far, except for audio (there was no audio device listed on Settings->Audio except for the FireTV). But that's something I'll look into later on. Since I had fun getting everything up and running I now decided to go for and try to install Sierra (which is kind of offtopic for this thread). But there's one question on my mind, I read a lot of threads these days and in one (not specifically desktop nor laptop) there was the suggestion to use multibeast for post-install related things. Is multibeast a good option for post-install on laptops? I'm asking this since multibeast touches the config.plist and except for comparing the old and new one there is no way to see what will be changed before making these changes.

Had everything up and running so far, except for audio (there was no audio device listed on Settings->Audio except for the FireTV). But that's something I'll look into later on. Since I had fun getting everything up and running I now decided to go for and try to install Sierra (which is kind of offtopic for this thread). But there's one question on my mind, I read a lot of threads these days and in one (not specifically desktop nor laptop) there was the suggestion to use multibeast for post-install related things. Is multibeast a good option for post-install on laptops? I'm asking this since multibeast touches the config.plist and except for comparing the old and new one there is no way to see what will be changed before making these changes.

There isn't much in Multibeast for laptops.
For audio, refer to the FAQ (it is linked from the guide in post #1/#2).

Noticed that the new version of Clover v3882 does not have the option of booting without caches

Back