Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defenetly better than 1920x1080 then, even tho it's still 16/9; when mac are 16/10 I think which is better for a computer IMO.

I agree. I prefer 16:10 (note my u3011 is 2560x1600) or 3:2 (like Microsoft's new Surface machines).

But everyone jumped on 16:9 when HD TV came out, and now it is like trying to turn a giant ship.

Edit, that was out of topic.

Anyway, I've had some scrolling lag, mostly on Firefox, when using 1920x1080 but it disapear when I use 1600x900, disabling soft scrolling in firefox/pref seams to help as well.

I'm not sure if it's a graphic, ram or firefox pref issue... Might be the smarttrackpad kext too.. I tried older voodoops2 without luck.

Anyone else has that problem?

1600X900 is fine most of the time but I'd like to understand what's wrong with 1080.

First off... instructions were amazing and was a very easy install (3rd Hackintosh), however before installing OSX I put in a DW1560 I got from Dell. It is not being recognized, Windows sees it perfectly and can even use the BT, but I can't for the life of me figure out why OSX isn't seeing it. Any assistance would be awesome. Thanks.

- Update: Totally got it to work. Thanks to all who assisted in this endeavor.

First off... instructions were amazing and was a very easy install (3rd Hackintosh), however before installing OSX I put in a DW1560 I got from Dell. It is not being recognized, Windows sees it perfectly and can even use the BT, but I can't for the life of me figure out why OSX isn't seeing it. Any assistance would be awesome. Thanks.

- Update: Totally got it to work. Thanks to all who assisted in this endeavor.

Thanks for the update. The DW1560 kexts/drivers are an add on by end user. However, you make a good point of having to hunt for answers and kexts, so as a direct result I have added a note to GUIDE about DW1560 setup and kexts location.

jhawk

Thanks for the Guide. I am planning on trying this out with my new UX305 soon. I am thinking I might try to install it on a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive. I have the San Disk Ultra Fit, the really small one. Otherwise I may try to dual boot with Windows 10.

Thanks for the Guide. I am planning on trying this out with my new UX305 soon. I am thinking I might try to install it on a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive. I have the San Disk Ultra Fit, the really small one. Otherwise I may try to dual boot with Windows 10.

Sounds good , just be advised sleep fails on USB install. This is a result of a work around for Usb Woes. The usb subsystem is re-initialized rather then restoring original state. The effect is only observed on Usb installs.

jhawk

You have UHD screen. Note that OP, jhwawk, has 1080p screen.

You need to run the installer with config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

Post install, you'll need patched IOKit before you can enable graphics (Inject/Intel=true).

For example, see the Y50 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

Thanks~RehabMan~
I still try to install,now almost success,
but I don't understand how to edit DSDT/SSDT....
so still study about that.....

and other question(for jhawk)~
the SD card reader can be work now?

thanks~

Am I the only one finding this difficult to understand or instal..? All guides over internet are for the folk who HAVE a Mac. When you only have Windows you're left alone without explanation. The best would be if someone make a ux305.dmg that we would burn on a USB Key to boot it and install it everything ready and setuped. :!::oops::(

You need a Mac (or working hack) to download OS X.

Your proposal regarding a special DMG is against the rules. You agreed to them when you registered for the site.

Since you clearly didn't read them, now would be a good time.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

PCF - The card reader works fine. There is usually a message that it ejected improperly after sleep or shutdown, but that has never impaired its functionality, to my knowledge.

Thank you jhawk for this guide. I just got my UX305FA and I am ready to do my first Hackintosh.

Just one thing that I am not sure of: do I leave the recovery partition in the SDD or do I copie it out on a memory stick? Any recommendation?

As for the WiFi compatibility, I have the AC7265. How can I get the right drivers?

I'll keep you posted for my first Hackintosh adventure!

ChupaChups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back