Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing - Still won't boot - same panic

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here you go, thanks.

IMG_20160302_185535.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 163

Comments:
- please do not crop photos (always show the entire screen)
- remove drivers64UEFI/CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
- set config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true
- make sure you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb
- set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions*=false (it doesn't make sense to use it with hotpatch)

You should verify hotpatched ACPI results in a usable ACPI set. You can apply each patch to your native ACPI files (just as Clover would) by using patcho (or other binary patcher) and then combine with the add-on SSDTs, then attempt disassembly (I use a script called pall.sh that does it automatically, gfoury has a similar script).

Also, your ACPI/patched is missing SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.

Comments:
- please do not crop photos (always show the entire screen)
- remove drivers64UEFI/CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
- make sure you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb
- set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions*=false (it doesn't make sense to use it with hotpatch)

You should verify hotpatched ACPI results in a usable ACPI set. You can apply each patch to your native ACPI files (just as Clover would) by using patcho (or other binary patcher) and then combine with the add-on SSDTs, then attempt disassembly (I use a script called pall.sh that does it automatically, gfoury has a similar script).

Also, your ACPI/patched is missing SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.

Will try to get more in photo in future - Very hard as it reboots almost immediately after the error.
I had to remove the generated SSDT.aml as I couldn't boot with it

Will try again with the changes you specified, the config and prealloc was set in accordance to what this guide said to do thats all and the generated clover file.

I'll report back soon as I can, thanks

Edit - No change

Comments:
This was wrong in my personal SMBIOS too (not included in repository). Fixing.
- set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions*=false
This is wrong in my config_master.plist. Fixing. I'm going to file an issue for myself because I don't understand what all the DSDT/Fixes do, and I should try removing the more questionable ones.

@ashp9:

This looks a lot like the crash I get whenever I set the MacBook8,1 board-id. @anerik70 should take a look at your SMBIOS. (I'm still using MacBookAir7,2)

I had only half-pushed that to my repository. 8-( Anyway, doc is at https://github.com/gfoury/clover-config-plist-tools#check-dsdt-patchespy

This is wrong in my config_master.plist. Fixing. I'm going to file an issue for myself because I don't understand what all the DSDT/Fixes do, and I should try removing the more questionable ones.

@ashp9:

This looks a lot like the crash I get whenever I set the MacBook8,1 board-id. @anerik70 should take a look at your SMBIOS. (I'm still using MacBookAir7,2)

I had only half-pushed that to my repository. 8-( Anyway, doc is at https://github.com/gfoury/clover-config-plist-tools#check-dsdt-patchespy

Ok using MacBookAir7,2 smbios now allows me to boot and I have PM. Thanks so much.

Although aren't our devices much more like the Macbook8,1? Should that not be working also?

Gonna try the frequency fix now as it now wont go below 1.3Ghz

Thanks for the help everyone

@ashp9:

Here is what i have inside my OEM folder in clover and my edited kext for frequency.
My DVMT is set to 128M and i'm booting in UEFI mode

Attachments

• OEM.zip
    445.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.zip
    364.2 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back