Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to do either something with the config.plist or the DSDT/SSDT files, because when i remove them (and replace config.plist from your guide) I can boot.
I don't know why? How should I go on?

Try ACPI patches one at a time. For example, you should start by setting DropOem=true, and placing your files in ACPI/patched (but unpatched). Then apply patches as required one by one in order to determine what is causing the problem.

I think the ACPI files weren't the Problem. It seems to be the config.plist and the removed drivers from drivers64UEFI.

I now used 1:1 the config.plist which is attached in the folder from post #1. And I also used the boot flags dart=0 and nv_disable=1. (why did i have to use these boot flags as machanical didn't used them in his guide in post #1?)
So now I were able to boot in my installed El Capitan and so far it seems like most of the functions are working. I still have problems with the sound, as the sound won't work with the guide in post #1 and i am still not able to go in sleep mode when i fold down the laptop. How do i solve these things?

Another question is referred to the gt940m. Do i have to disable it or can I leave it so? I ask that, because i don't want to lose battery while it is working in the background of the laptop, although i don't use it in El Capitan.

I also leave out CsmVideoDxe-64 , DataHubDxe-64 and PartitionDxe-64 in drivers64UEFI.
Are those ones really necessary for me or can i ignore them?

Note: At the moment i still haven't create the SSDT for power management. I will do that after solving my current problems.

Could you check my current clover folder and tell me if something is missing?

Thank you for your help RehabMan!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 103
I think the ACPI files weren't the Problem. It seems to be the config.plist and the removed drivers from drivers64UEFI.

I now used 1:1 the config.plist which is attached in the folder from post #1. And I also used the boot flags dart=0 and nv_disable=1. (why did i have to use these boot flags as machanical didn't used them in his guide in post #1?)
So now I were able to boot in my installed El Capitan and so far it seems like most of the functions are working. I still have problems with the sound, as the sound won't work with the guide in post #1 and i am still not able to go in sleep mode when i fold down the laptop. How do i solve these things?

Another question is referred to the gt940m. Do i have to disable it or can I leave it so? I ask that, because i don't want to lose battery while it is working in the background of the laptop, although i don't use it in El Capitan.

I also leave out CsmVideoDxe-64 , DataHubDxe-64 and PartitionDxe-64 in drivers64UEFI.

Note: At the moment i still haven't create the SSDT for power management. I will do that after solving my current problems.

Thank you for your help RehabMan!

nv_disable=1 is required when Nvidia is not disabled via ACPI patches.

dart=0 is required when VT-d is enabled in BIOS.

Audio requires correct DSDT patches and patched AppleHDA.

More details on:

Audio requires correct DSDT patches and patched AppleHDA.

Can i use here audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0.command?

And more details on:

Not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back