Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Unlocked the BIOS on the laptop. Who could tell What else can I change in the settings for hackintosh. DiscreteVideocard off. How to set up usb?

Attachments

• U-kQleimKz0.jpg
    U-kQleimKz0.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 286
  • QqCH-6vuVGQ.jpg
    QqCH-6vuVGQ.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 208
  • G24crckFl6g.jpg
    G24crckFl6g.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 217
  • s7qfN1FcjjY (1).jpg
    s7qfN1FcjjY (1).jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 180
  • s7qfN1FcjjY.jpg
    s7qfN1FcjjY.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 215
Hope this is enough information regarding the system.

It seems your system is similar to the OP's.
Hard to tell in this thread due to mixing of systems that have Nvidia only (maybe) and Nvidia + Intel HD.

For example, the title of the thread says HD530.
But the OP's profile says Nvidia only.
Confusing.
Have fun figuring it out...

The bios says HD graphics 630 and in the next line Nvidia Geforce GTX, it is also Kabby lake rather than skylake. saw your post about spoofing the skylake. Guess I should just bite the bullet and hope it works... also pretty sure that all the Asus rigs come with both the Nvidia and the intel.

The bios says HD graphics 630 and in the next line Nvidia Geforce GTX, it is also Kabby lake rather than skylake. saw your post about spoofing the skylake. Guess I should just bite the bullet and hope it works... also pretty sure that all the Asus rigs come with both the Nvidia and the intel.

This guide is clearly for Skylake, not Kaby Lake.
Kaby Lake is similar but requires special settings.
You can follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, make sure to fix your profile... obviously, it is inaccurate (it says Nvidia only).

Does the intel portion really matter if you do not intend to use it?

If your BIOS allows you to disable Intel, then you have essentially an Nvidia only system.
Most systems with both do not allow for Intel to be disabled (because it is Nvidia Optimus).

Sorry I do not know much about putting OSx on a machine in the past I was able to find a walk thru that was spot on for at least the motherboard and CPU.

Laptops are much more difficult than desktops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back