Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no concept of those value.
Let me restate the scenario in another way.
If 0x71 is the backlight level before shutdown, then that the brightness I could accept.
But the backlight level (after boot before I adjust )must be much lower than that backlight level 0x71.

What is backlight-level in NVRAM before rebooting?
If you find the value you see in NVRAM ("nvram backlight-level" in Terminal) is different from what is loaded from nvram.plist by Clover (as seen in Clover bootlog), then your problem is the "RC scripts" are not saving the current contents of NVRAM to nvram.plist.

For you to investigate.

What is backlight-level in NVRAM before rebooting?
If you find the value you see in NVRAM ("nvram backlight-level" in Terminal) is different from what is loaded from nvram.plist by Clover (as seen in Clover bootlog), then your problem is the "RC scripts" are not saving the current contents of NVRAM to nvram.plist.

For you to investigate.
In "nvram backlight-level" in Terminal, backlight-level :%00
In Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log , 0:643 0:000 Adding Key: backlight-level: Size = 2, Data: 71 00
Yeah, it seems that "RCscript" is not saving the current contents of NVRAM to nvram.plist

Last edited:
In "nvram backlight-level" in Terminal, backlight-level :%00
In Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log , 0:643 0:000 Adding Key: backlight-level: Size = 2, Data: 71 00
Yeah, it seems that it didn't save the current contents of NVRAM to nvram.plist

Probably you didn't install "RC scripts", or didn't install a version of Clover where the "RC scripts" actually work...

Probably you didn't install "RC scripts", or didn't install a version of Clover where the "RC scripts" actually work...
Could these two files tell if the "RC scripts" work?

Attachments

• rc.zip
    894 bytes · Views: 102
Could these two files tell if the "RC scripts" work?

You should verify that they are not working first...
- check nvram content before reboot
- check contents of nvram.plist and values loaded from Clover bootlog upon restart

Then check that you actually installed the scripts and check that you did so with a current version of the Clover installer...

You should verify that they are not working first...
- check nvram content before reboot
- check contents of nvram.plist and values loaded from Clover bootlog upon restart

Then check that you actually installed the scripts and check that you did so with a current version of the Clover installer...
Since my laptop can't access internet now. I will give you the test on another day.
Clover install log: Installation version: v2.4k r4061 EFI boot loader.
Installing RC Scripts
Installing RC Scripts on target volume '/'

Since my laptop can't access internet now. I will give you the test on another day.
Clover install log: Installation version: v2.4k r4061 EFI boot loader.
Installing RC Scripts
Installing RC Scripts on target volume '/'

Correct RC scripts will store on the EFI partition... not root ('/') on the system partition.

But the installer log is probably not going to help you discover what the rc scripts are actually doing.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20170502_172741.jpg
    IMG_20170502_172741.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 101
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Correct RC scripts will store on the EFI partition... not root ('/') on the system partition.

But the installer log is probably not going to help you discover what the rc scripts are actually doing.
Since I was tired to adjust the brightness, I added the Backlight-level in System Parameters.
After a few days, I removed the Backlight-level in System Parameters.
The black screen had gone.
Though the value of the backlight-level before shutdown and after booting didn't match, at least that is the brightness I could accept.
Now I have a much bigger problem, the battery status reads "service battery".
Compare this two files :"battery-report.html" is the battery report from windows and "battery information from mac.txt" from "system report\power",
The battery is normal in win.
But, in Mac, Full charge capacity reads 2190(mAh.)
Thanks, though.

Attachments

• clues.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
  • battery information from mac.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 210
  • battery-report.html.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back