Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is normal -- there are two phases of installation that involve booting the USB partition (install_osx). Be sure to read the guide carefully: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

indeed!!! as for the post installation part if you can't boot from the HDD without the usb installer is it because the clover installation is not correct ? The only way I could make the usb installer work was to make it in 2 partitions in MBR. So I am guessing it could be the same thing on the HDD?

indeed!!! as for the post installation part if you can't boot from the HDD without the usb installer is it because the clover installation is not correct ? The only way I could make the usb installer work was to make it in 2 partitions in MBR. So I am guessing it could be the same thing on the HDD?

Are you saying you're not able to reach Clover when booting from HDD?

If so... did you install Clover?

The OS X installer requires GPT for the installation target.

Yes I installed Clover to the HDD. I can see the Clover files in the EFI partition. I added the boot option in the bios. When I boot from that boot option its just blink and gets back into bios. When I choose the HDD itself in the bios it just wont boot to Clover. Prior to installation I have formatted the HDD in Extended journalized. When you say GPT is it something different?

Yes I installed Clover to the HDD. I can see the Clover files in the EFI partition. I added the boot option in the bios. When I boot from that boot option its just blink and gets back into bios. When I choose the HDD itself in the bios it just wont boot to Clover. Prior to installation I have formatted the HDD in Extended journalized. When you say GPT is it something different?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

GPT is a partitioning type. Has nothing to do with the way partitions are formatted as volumes.

It is a bit strange to have both VboxHFS.efi and HFSPlus.efi present without config.plist/DisableDrivers..."VboxHfs" entry.

You might try disabling some unneeded Clover features. Such as the Mouse support in GUI/Mouse/Enable.

You might also look at the difference between the Clover you used for installation vs. the Clover you are now trying to use. Presumably, you were able to reach Clover in order to install.

It is a bit strange to have both VboxHFS.efi and HFSPlus.efi present without config.plist/DisableDrivers..."VboxHfs" entry.

You might try disabling some unneeded Clover features. Such as the Mouse support in GUI/Mouse/Enable.

You might also look at the difference between the Clover you used for installation vs. the Clover you are now trying to use. Presumably, you were able to reach Clover in order to install.

The Clover version is the same in both usb and HDD.
I removed VboxHfs.efi and removed the mouse integration still the same result. I will try to install Legacy EFI later today and keep you informed of the result.

The Clover version is the same in both usb and HDD.
I removed VboxHfs.efi and removed the mouse integration still the same result. I will try to install Legacy EFI later today and keep you informed of the result.

Maybe DataHubDxe-64 missing and/or the boot path was typed incorrectly when added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back