Contribute
Register

[Guide] All Atheros on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaps, I have the Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 but am having problems getting it working.

Where exactly in the info.plist of Atheros40.kext should we add the device id string? I'm having difficulty locating it?

IONameMatch

See the example above. Do you have xCode?

thank you Giggamaxx your attached kext (and helpful instructions) got mine fully working! You’re a star!

I didn't make it. Is that because my wn881nd is the v2?

Hello, I need some help in choosing a wifi card replacement for my Asus x555LAB laptop which supports half-mini pcie chips. Of all of these Atheros cards, which one should I go with for Wifi + Bluetooth functionality? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Also, I would be buying it in china as that is where I'm located and price is also a contender in my decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I need some help in choosing a wifi card replacement for my Asus x555LAB laptop which supports half-mini pcie chips. Of all of these Atheros cards, which one should I go with for Wifi + Bluetooth functionality? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Also, I would be buying it in china as that is where I'm located and price is also a contender in my decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Bcm 94352hmb not atheros it’s broadcom and works in HS, Mojave and Catalina. Has Bluetooth.

Thanks, what about the best atheros card for wifi?

For laptops and in general Apple is dropping support for the atheros cards. That’s why we need to fix these Kexts. The BCM or Broadcom cards work natively (or most of them do). Future proof it with Broadcom.
I have several HP Probooks and I always use these bcm4352hmb cards. They are ac WiFi with bluetooth

For laptops and in general Apple is dropping support for the atheros cards. That’s why we need to fix these Kexts. The BCM or Broadcom cards work natively (or most of them do). Future proof it with Broadcom.
I have several HP Probooks and I always use these bcm4352hmb cards. They are ac WiFi with bluetooth
So I've read. Thanks for the additional info.

Use the attached DCPIManager app and select PCI as shown in pic. Find the 168? number or better yet post a screenshot of the device.

View attachment 402120

AR9565 is 168c,0036. I edited the Atheros40kext to include this along with the opening page list. You can test this folder attached. Plan A uses Library/Extensions folder. This location will leave the kext there after updates. Plan B uses System/Library/Extensions folder and the 80211kext but you will need to replace it after updates that replace that kext. This Plan B method should be used only if Plan A doesn't work.

Plan a kicked ass.... now I have wifi with dw1702 …. thanks. now for bluetooth

it works with plan B. haven't tested plan A but fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back