Contribute
Register

[Guide] All Atheros on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AR9565. Do you have a pci168 string for that, please?

I have an AR9565. Do you have a pci168 string for that, please?

Use the attached DCPIManager app and select PCI as shown in pic. Find the 168? number or better yet post a screenshot of the device.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.37.37 PM.png

AR9565 is 168c,0036. I edited the Atheros40kext to include this along with the opening page list. You can test this folder attached. Plan A uses Library/Extensions folder. This location will leave the kext there after updates. Plan B uses System/Library/Extensions folder and the 80211kext but you will need to replace it after updates that replace that kext. This Plan B method should be used only if Plan A doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 7.56.34 PM.png

Attachments

• DPCIManager.app.zip
    803.2 KB · Views: 1,574
  • Atheros fix 2.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 1,554
Last edited:
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I have a TPLink WN881ND V1 AR9287 (as checked through the DPCI manager), went through all the steps, and can even see AirPortAetheros40.kext. I don't have any way to access the internet with what I have right now, so what should I do?

I have a TPLink WN881ND V1 AR9287 (as checked through the DPCI manager), went through all the steps, and can even see AirPortAetheros40.kext. I don't have any way to access the internet with what I have right now, so what should I do?

Download the Atheros fix I posted above. It has the 40kext.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I tried plan b, and it worked :)

Real quick, do you know of any solutions to get bluetooth enabled on the wifi card? If you don't, that is alright.

Real quick, do you know of any solutions to get bluetooth enabled on the wifi card? If you don't, that is alright.

Check out (google) fakepciidkexts by rehabman at the github repository. They have them for Broadcom but there may also be an atheros version?

Chaps, I have the Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 but am having problems getting it working.

Where exactly in the info.plist of Atheros40.kext should we add the device id string? I'm having difficulty locating it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back