Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

I've got a question: Is the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter supported by Mac OS X 10.11?

No.

Bluetooth and Wifi works fine on start, but airport is off and cannot be turned-on after wake (i.e. clicking on turn on wifi does nothing). Have to restart to make wifi work again.

BCM4352. Installed Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.
Disabled "Wake for wifi access" in system preference, but it did not help.

Anyone else having this problem?

Bluetooth and Wifi works fine on start, but airport is off and cannot be turned-on after wake (i.e. clicking on turn on wifi does nothing). Have to restart to make wifi work again.

BCM4352. Installed Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.
Disabled "Wake for wifi access" in system preference, but it did not help.

Anyone else having this problem?

Your issue is probably an ACPI problem. Did you patch as per my guide?

Yes. I followed this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Would you mind looking at my IOReg and EFI/Clover?

Open a separate thread in the laptop forum... and...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I see 4359 is unsupported still. Will this always be the case? It's been unusable for years, is it technically undoable?

I see 4359 is unsupported still. Will this always be the case? It's been unusable for years, is it technically undoable?

Not possible to predict the future.

Not possible to predict the future.

So what you're saying is it is technically possible? I wondered if the lack of support over the years has been because of a technical limitation, perhaps something that is unlikely to be resolvable. I don't fully understand how these things work and I thought maybe you'd have a more qualified opinion about it.

So what you're saying is it is technically possible? I wondered if the lack of support over the years has been because of a technical limitation, perhaps something that is unlikely to be resolvable. I don't fully understand how these things work and I thought maybe you'd have a more qualified opinion about it.

General rule: Apple provides the software only for the hardware they use in their products.

My first time trying to make this work. I have the Azurewave AW-CE123H chip installed. I already set clover to as detailed in step 1. Am I missing anything else for it to work? Also I'm running 10.12 sierra on a X220.

Step 1/Enable WiFi

Airport/WiFi Injection Methods
(Select one method)

Clover/config.plist/ ((Select one method)
ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (supported device_ids)
AddDTGP_0001/YESFixAirport_4000/YES

Where do I find the config-bcm94352 plist? and what needs to be edit? The instructions are pretty vague. Am I suppose to patch some files with xcode or something?

ROW/WiFi Country Code
  1. [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2, credit: Sebinouse
  2. config-bcm94352...plist
    1. edit 5GHz-US/Replace/55 53 (US) to xx xx (CC)
    2. ASCII/Hex/Base64

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back