Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you're right Rehabman, handoff is alright with your guide. :)
I made a mistake wanted to say Airdrop

Airdrop requires correct 5ghz patch for the region your networking hardware is using.

Airdrop requires correct 5ghz patch for the region your networking hardware is using.
and that was my question, how do i do this.

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty getting my WiFi to work under 10.11.6 (using Clover boot loader). I've got the BCM94352HMB which I got off of Amazon.

I've followed the first two steps in this guide as follows:

Step 1:
1. Installed FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Boradcom_Wifi.kext using Kext Wizard into S/L/E.

Step 2:
2. Enabled BT by installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext using Kext Wizard into S/L/E.

My BT works fine (I think... I see the Bluetooth PAN device & see the Brcm* kexts load during boot, but haven't tried to connect a BT device yet and I haven't installed the 5Ghz patch yet). But I cannot add a WiFi device in Settings/Network as it doesn't show up. Watching my hack boot (via -v) I did not see evidence of the FakePCIID* kexts loading (although I may have missed it). I also do not see the WiFi card listed in DCPI Manager.

I have not made any changes to Clover/config.plist for this, only installed the kexts mentioned above at this point.

My IO reg and other info is attached per requested. Thanks for any help you can provide.

B1995

Attachments

• B1995 iMac.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 121
  • dpcimanager_ss.jpg
    dpcimanager_ss.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 151
  • wifi_ss.jpg
    wifi_ss.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 149
Hi all,

I'm having difficulty getting my WiFi to work under 10.11.6 (using Clover boot loader). I've got the BCM94352HMB which I got off of Amazon.

I've followed the first two steps in this guide as follows:

Step 1:
1. Installed FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Boradcom_Wifi.kext using Kext Wizard into S/L/E.

Step 2:
2. Enabled BT by installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext using Kext Wizard into S/L/E.

My BT works fine (I think... I see the Bluetooth PAN device & see the Brcm* kexts load during boot, but haven't tried to connect a BT device yet and I haven't installed the 5Ghz patch yet). But I cannot add a WiFi device in Settings/Network as it doesn't show up. Watching my hack boot (via -v) I did not see evidence of the FakePCIID* kexts loading (although I may have missed it). I also do not see the WiFi card listed in DCPI Manager.

I have not made any changes to Clover/config.plist for this, only installed the kexts mentioned above at this point.

My IO reg and other info is attached per requested. Thanks for any help you can provide.

B1995

As your DPCIManager->PCI List and your ioreg clearly shows, there is no WiFi device on the PCI bus.

Installation/hardware problem.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I had on-board wifi disabled in the BIOS.

Works great in 10.6. Can't get it to work in the Sierra Public Beta. Anyone been able to?

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I had on-board wifi disabled in the BIOS.

Works great in 10.6. Can't get it to work in the Sierra Public Beta. Anyone been able to?

A new patch (by the-darkvoid) is required. You can find it via google.

Just wanted to add in that my AW-CEH123 is working with rehabmans kext and the patches in this thread.
Vendor 14E4 Device 43B1 Sub Ven 106B Sub Dev 2123

Hi everyone.

I've got a question: Is the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter supported by Mac OS X 10.11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back