Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I installed Yosemite on Gigabyte z87n wifi and replaced the wifi card with a Broadcom Azurewave CE123H. I added Toleda`s bcm 4352 kext and btfirmwareuploader kext. Wifi and Bluetooth first worked perfect. After 2 hour BT lost connection to mighty mouse. Since then I am not able to pair the mouse again.

From time to time BT sees the mouse but pairing is impossible.

I tried to re-install the kexts, changed Bios settings XHCI/XHCI hand off to disabled but nothing works.

Any idea how to fix this? I want my mouse back..

With Mavericks and same hardware both kexts worked perfect without any issues.

Thanks for advice

I have The same problem Any Help thanks.

Hello my man toleda. I need your help about 10.10 Yosemite iOS-to-Mac Airdrop.
I have bought a half PCI-e wifi card on eBay, which using AR9285 with 3011 bluetooth. I have patched the kext and got both wifi and bluetooth work. But what I wanna ask is does this card support iOS-to-Mac Airdrop? If yes, can you show me how to modify it? I have an iphone and it doesn't recognize Airdrop. Thank you so much in advance, hope to receive your reply soon.

You have an AR9285 (168c:2b) rebranded as AR9280 (168c:30).

Problem is AR9380 is not supported by the binary. I just helped someone take an AR9280 (168c:2a) rebranded as AR9485 (168c:32). Required patching the binary.

You can read about it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-lapt...e-unibeast-parts-multibeast-8.html#post880829. You'll need some slight tweaks to the patches to account for the different math.

Something like:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x83\xc1\xf9\x83\xf9\x29|\x83\xc1\xf4\x83\xf9\x29|g' AirPortAtheros40
sudo perl -pi -i 's|\x66\x83\xf8\x30\x0f\x87\xa7\x00\x00\x00|\x66\xb8\x2b\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' AirPortAtheros40

First patch takes care of the table lookup to treat 0x30 as 0x2b.
Second patch takes care of the range comparison to just assume the device is 0x2b.

You will still need an injector (for 168c:30) or DSDT patch to map the device-id to 0x2a, such that the (patched) kext loads.

Thanks so much, works fine after patching the binary, I had to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist to get it fully working. But at now I rebranded it back to AzureWave NB037H, because I see that whitelist message in BIOS does not stop the booting process in my 6560b, continue loading after 5 seconds with no key pressed.

As whitelist only disables WLAN and not BT (works OOB every installation both yosemite and mavericks) I only have to patch DSDT with WhitelistDisable.txt.zip found in this post, and works flawlessly without any kext injector or toleda patch.

The only issue is that I must press twice the wireless button to see networks in range, every time I boot, its no needed after waking up. But I'm not really sure that can see networks before without the trick o_O

EDIT: Also have to remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist ;)

Last edited:
Thanks so much, works fine after patching the binary, I had to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist to get it fully working. But at now I rebranded it back to AzureWave NB037H, because I see that whitelist message in BIOS does not stop the booting process in my 6560b, continue loading after 5 seconds with no key pressed.

As whitelist only disables WLAN and not BT (works OOB every installation both yosemite and mavericks) I only have to patch DSDT with WhitelistDisable.txt.zip found in this post, and works flawlessly without any kext injector or toleda patch.

The only issue is that I must press twice the wireless button to see networks in range, every time I boot, its no needed after waking up. But I'm not really sure that can see networks before without the trick o_O

The whitelist message from BIOS would drive me crazy, but glad you hear you got it to work...

hello toleda,

i bought a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express-Adapter and as expected it works oob, i think. I Have a working Internet connection.
In the system profiler -> wlan shows airpot extreme (0x168c, 0x3112) and the kext aiport.atheros40.kext is loaded.
but there is no pci device shown, as in the pic in your first post.
Is it just a cosmetic thing or are there some functions missing because of that?

Thanks

I'm new to the hackintosh world, but I've gotten most of my issues ironed out except for this one:

1. Wifi works (5ghz included). Handoff works. Bluetooth won't work when it comes to simply finding any devices for pairing. Before doing a clean re-install with Yosemite, I did have pairing functionality to decent degree with just bcm4352.kext and BTfirmwareuploader.kext
2. Yosemite 10.10.1 / Asus Z97I-Plus / Most recent BIOS version (2205, I think...) / i5-4690k CPU / Radeon HD6850 GPU
3. Installed bcm4352.kext, then I used the Clover KextstoPatch injection method to apply the BCM4352 5GHZ FCC patch, the BT Handoff patch, and the optional Airport Extreme Patch. I've gone back and forth with the BTfirmwareuploader.kext but it does not seem to make any difference either way.

4. See attached.

5. I'm not 100% sure if I've attached anything from Console of use, but see attached. The one Kernel message I got yesterday went away when I rebooted. I think a temporary trial fix caused it?

6. See attached--note that my iPad and iPhone both show in the Bluetooth info screen. I think this is because at one point I was able to get them to show as instant hotspot option in the wifi menu by also using the whitelist patch via clover injection (hotspot wouldn't actually work, however). I got rid of that patch because I realized it does not apply to the BCM4352 chip.

8. See config.plist and debug log attached.

Attachments

• Bluetooth.png
    Bluetooth.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 191
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 254
  • Console.log
    95.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DCPIstatus.png
    DCPIstatus.png
    93 KB · Views: 167
  • DebugLog.pdf