Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've got the BCM94352 finally but I've got couple of problems.

I cannot plug it to my motherboard. (asus p8z77 lx2).
It just does not fit. I have to remove this metal case in order to take the chip apart so I can plug the chip to the pcie slot and the screw the side-metal to the case.

Why is this like that? should it fit?

Moreover, there's this cable which connects the min pcie card, and on the other end there's a 4 pin connector which I do not know where to plug in my motherboard.

How do I install this card??? thanks!!

This is the product link from eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191180028617?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And these are the pictures:

IMG_0220.jpgIMG_0219.jpg

1. Can't get the status of the Wifi card to be set as 'Builtin' when viewed through DCPIManager. Required in order to get iMessage to work
  2. 10.9.5 / GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Intel Z77 / F11 -- ithink / [FONT=arial, sans-serif]EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB / [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]i5-3570K CPU /[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif] TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Not really clear -- card was plug and play and work OOB. I've tried adding a device via Clover Configurator which is in the Clover config.txt at the end of this. What seems odd though is the card is the Athereos chipset [/FONT]AR9380 everything in PCI List in DCPIManager looks correct as detailed in the first post of this thread. However the Vendor ID is out by one digiti. It's 168C instead of 168E.
  4. View attachment config.plist View attachment mac-pro.iojones
  5. View attachment All Messages.log
  6. Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 20.24.52.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 20.25.42.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 20.25.28.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 20.26.02.png
  7. Clover (I also have Chimeria installed but switched to Clover in an effort to get iMessage working).
    1. View attachment config.plist SMBIOS / ROM / MLB info removed for security
    2. View attachment debug.log.zip -- had to compress the debug log as it was too big for upload to TonyMac forums
    3. No DSDT or SDDT

Can't get the status of the Wifi card to be set as 'Builtin' when viewed through DCPIManager. Required in order to get iMessage to work
dsdt edit or ssdt injection required for built-in. Unfortunately, a special edit is required for the PCI bridge.
Not clear wifi built-in is required for iMessage.

Agreed. iMessage just requires a built-in Ethernet port, whether you are using it or not, and it has to be recognized as "eth0" by your system (which it will if it has "built-in" status).

dsdt edit or ssdt injection required for built-in. Unfortunately, a special edit is required for the PCI bridge.

Agreed. iMessage just requires a built-in Ethernet port, whether you are using it or not, and it has to be recognized as "eth0" by your system (which it will if it has "built-in" status).

In that case everything should be fine then as the ethernet device is 'builtin' and starts at en0.

Thanks for your help.

I'm new to the hackintosh world, but I've gotten most of my issues ironed out except for this one:

1. Wifi works (5ghz included). Handoff works. Bluetooth won't work when it comes to simply finding any devices for pairing. Before doing a clean re-install with Yosemite, I did have pairing functionality to decent degree with just bcm4352.kext and BTfirmwareuploader.kext
2. Yosemite 10.10.1 / Asus Z97I-Plus / Most recent BIOS version (2205, I think...) / i5-4690k CPU / Radeon HD6850 GPU
3. Installed bcm4352.kext, then I used the Clover KextstoPatch injection method to apply the BCM4352 5GHZ FCC patch, the BT Handoff patch, and the optional Airport Extreme Patch. I've gone back and forth with the BTfirmwareuploader.kext but it does not seem to make any difference either way.

4. See attached.

5. I'm not 100% sure if I've attached anything from Console of use, but see attached. The one Kernel message I got yesterday went away when I rebooted. I think a temporary trial fix caused it?

6. See attached--note that my iPad and iPhone both show in the Bluetooth info screen. I think this is because at one point I was able to get them to show as instant hotspot option in the wifi menu by also using the whitelist patch via clover injection (hotspot wouldn't actually work, however). I got rid of that patch because I realized it does not apply to the BCM4352 chip.

8. See config.plist and debug log attached.

I am having the exact same issue. I never had great success in pairing in 10.9.5, 10.10, and now not 10.10.1.

I had previously been able to connect my iPhone6 to allow for handoff, continuity etc, and that worked well, but haven't been able to connect my magic mouse or magic trackpad more then once or twice.

Have you gotten any updates on this?

Dave

Handoff is now working with my gmyle usb bluetooth 4.0 adapter and a Asus PCE-AC68

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.3.1f2 15015
Hardware, Features, and Settings:
Name: Mark’s Hack
Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
Handoff Supported: Yes
Instant Hotspot Supported: Yes
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipset: 20702A3
Firmware Version: v14 c4096
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x0A5C
Product ID: 0x21E8
HCI Version: 0x6
HCI Revision: 0x1000
LMP Version: 0x6
LMP Subversion: 0x220E
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x01
Service Class: 0x1C0
Auto Seek Keyboard: On

Handoff tested working

I am not new to Mackintosh projects, but I am quite new to the Clover way. I kinda like it, but it is a bit more complicated.
I have one system running pretty good, and now I am trying my second Clover installation. I have been running into some (weird) problems.

For instance, I do not seem to be able to connect to services like Spotify and Adobe CC, while normal browsing is not an issue.
This with the Intel onboard card. Anybody has a clue?

To see if the AppleIntelE1000E Kext is the problem I am trying to install my Broadcom BCM94352 AC 5GHZ card with Toleda's guide... I have been trying to make sense of Toleda's information, but I just don't understand what I have to do.

Does anybody have a step-by-step guide for this chip to get it to work, including 5GHZ and pref. also with Bluetooth?

Thanks!

PS, I am not dissing Toleda, I really appreciate the work you put into the community! But I find your guides very hard to understand with links to other guides and such. :)

I am not new to Mackintosh projects, but I am quite new to the Clover way. I kinda like it, but it is a bit more complicated.
I have one system running pretty good, and now I am trying my second Clover installation. I have been running into some (weird) problems.

For instance, I do not seem to be able to connect to services like Spotify and Adobe CC, while normal browsing is not an issue.
This with the Intel onboard card. Anybody has a clue?

To see if the AppleIntelE1000E Kext is the problem I am trying to install my Broadcom BCM94352 AC 5GHZ card with Toleda's guide... I have been trying to make sense of Toleda's information, but I just don't understand what I have to do.

Does anybody have a step-by-step guide for this chip to get it to work, including 5GHZ and pref. also with Bluetooth?

Thanks!

PS, I am not dissing Toleda, I really appreciate the work you put into the community! But I find your guides very hard to understand with links to other guides and such. :)

Install toledaARPT.kext using Kext Wizard.

Install toledaARPT.kext using Kext Wizard.

Ok that was very easy. And it worked! Thanks a lot :) Not 5Ghz though, any idea how to get that working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back