Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that was very easy. And it worked! Thanks a lot :) Not 5Ghz though, any idea how to get that working?

Correction, 5GHZ is working!

Can someone please explain me what should I do with the cable?

I want to buy this one: eBay link

But I have no idea where to connect the black cable which connects this network adapter? PLEASE EXPLAIN ME.

I think the cable is a usb cable for bluetooth support. However they plugged it into the system panel header/connector.

Hello Toloda,

is it possible to activate only the wifi of the Azurewave CE123H and NOT the BT with your kext. Instead I would like to use the GMYLE dongle.

I used all the patches and the bcm4352 kext but can't get BT to work without issues. After 2 or 3 reboots BT.plist has to be deleted and all devices must be re-paired. Today I got the dongle. I activated the new host controller via BT-Explorer but BT is still not working. Can`t pair nothing.

Please give me advice. This BT-probs driving me insane.

Thanks and excuse my bad english.

Greets

Hello Toloda,

is it possible to activate only the wifi of the Azurewave CE123H and NOT the BT with your kext. Instead I would like to use the GMYLE dongle.

I used all the patches and the bcm4352 kext but can't get BT to work without issues. After 2 or 3 reboots BT.plist has to be deleted and all devices must be re-paired. Today I got the dongle. I activated the new host controller via BT-Explorer but BT is still not working. Can`t pair nothing.

Please give me advice. This BT-probs driving me insane.

Thanks and excuse my bad english.

Greets

You can tape the pins to disable USB bus access, but you might look into getting better firmware...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ware-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices.html

You can tape the pins to disable USB bus access, but you might look into getting better firmware...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ware-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices.html

Hello,

taping is no solution.

I tried that patch, before that I deleted BT-Firmware-Updater.kext I used. With the brcmpatchram I could not pair at all. Vector- and product ID for the Azureware are included in this kext so I didn't modify anything in the plist. Or do I have to modify something?

Thanks

robbsen,

What is the vendor id and product id of the Bluetooth shown in USB?
(Both the Azurewave and GMYLE ones)

When you start up with BrcmPatchRAM, what is the firmware version shown in Bluetooth profiler?

Also can you run the following command in the terminal once booted with BrcmPatchRAM?
Code:
sudo dmesg | grep -i brcm

The output of that should let us know more about what is happening with your devices.

taping is no solution.

Actually, if you want to use USB BT, it is (I've done it before and it works). The other solution is to purchase a WiFi-only card.

I tried that patch, before that I deleted BT-Firmware-Updater.kext I used. With the brcmpatchram I could not pair at all. Vector- and product ID for the Azureware are included in this kext so I didn't modify anything in the plist. Or do I have to modify something?

There are instructions for adding new devices to the kext.

Thanks ReHabMan & darkvoid for giving me a hand.

What happened in the meantime.

Gmyle BT didn`t work out the box with 10.10.1, did`t pair the mouse and slowed down booting time when plugged in. Maybe I have a USB problem or it was because of using it with the Azurewave at the same time, I don't know.

Well, therefore I put it away. Then I changed my language settings from german to english (because I wanted to make some screenshots for you) and reinstalled bcm4352 and btfirmwareuploader kexts and now its working like a charm.

"Normally" after a 2 or 3 reboots Mighty Mouse was still visible but pairing impossible. I had to delete BT.plist and re-pair my devices, very annoying. Now, with english language settings and just the 2 kexts installed problems are gone. Devices are paired when reaching to login-screen, no glitches, everything works. I will observe if this is a only temporary or (hopefully) will work in the long run.

Maybe you can reproduce why the BT is affected by the language settings? If anyone has similar trouble and uses another language than english you should give it a try.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back