Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as far as i've read, if I buy a mini PCI card with the chipset BCM4352, I should have 802.11ac+BT4.0 oob, shouldn't I? And what's the difference between BCM4352 and BCM943352?

So as far as i've read, if I buy a mini PCI card with the chipset BCM4352, I should have 802.11ac+BT4.0 oob, shouldn't I? And what's the difference between BCM4352 and BCM943352?
Yes, dual band is not working at this time. Same

Apologies if this is somewhat off-topic, but can anyone point me to a reliable vendor for an Atheros AR9280? I've tried two from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HN63QQ and they've both been faulty. The first was dead on arrival and the second lasted two days before I booted up and found "No Hardware Installed" under the Airport menu icon. I realize going for the cheapest option probably isn't the best strategy, but at this point I just want something that'll work.

Apologies if this is somewhat off-topic, but can anyone point me to a reliable vendor for an Atheros AR9280? I've tried two from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HN63QQ and they've both been faulty. The first was dead on arrival and the second lasted two days before I booted up and found "No Hardware Installed" under the Airport menu icon. I realize going for the cheapest option probably isn't the best strategy, but at this point I just want something that'll work.

Hey CGSaw for the price of two Atheros cards you could have bought one AzureWave AW-CE123H and had BT 4.0 also.
Here is the direct link to the AzureWave card I bought to test out. Should be coming in the next week. http://www.embeddedworks.net/pdetail.php?mn=wlan&prod=wlan507&gclid=CMiPmZiDiroCFUqk4AodODoABA

embeddedworks.net now advertises here on TonyMac so I think its all good to post a direct link. (I hope)

Let me know how it works out.

10/18/13 - Added Airport ssdt Enablers

Verry Nice. Thank you sir.

Waiting on a new AMI uefi mobo with mini PCIe connector on it to test out the AzureWave AW-CE123H.

Any idea about the dual band issue? You mentioned that it might be an antenna issue.
Anything I can do to try to test this out?

Tested all posted solutions and no luck with my mini-pci card. Finally system can 'see' the card after editings, but no driver is running. Something is missing to me I guess...

Any chance to get work this little card? :|

Tnx

Attachments

• cheetaa_ioreg.zip
    588.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DCPIManager.jpg
    DCPIManager.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 338
  • SisInfo.jpg
    SisInfo.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 363
Hi all, i bought the motherboard Asrock Z87E-ITX and has the card AzureWave AW-CE123H. I can make it work by installing the kext found in the repo (only wifi, not bluetooth). Anyway i would like to use the SSDT, but i cannot make it happen. I'm not using any DSDT, i only copied the SSDT-2.aml found in the repo, renamed to SSDT.aml and added DropSSDT option in plist. Am I doing anything wrong?

Hi all, i bought the motherboard Asrock Z87E-ITX and has the card AzureWave AW-CE123H. I can make it work by installing the kext found in the repo (only wifi, not bluetooth). Anyway i would like to use the SSDT, but i cannot make it happen. I'm not using any DSDT, i only copied the SSDT-2.aml found in the repo, renamed to SSDT.aml and added DropSSDT option in plist. Am I doing anything wrong?

The SSDT method requires edits based on where the card is in ACPI namespace, which you obtain by looking at the ioregistry (IORegistryExplorer) and/or DSDT (MaciASL).

Did you do the edits correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back