Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my motherboard (Asrock Z87E-ITX) doesn't need DSDT to run OS X i dont have _DSM method injected.

All motherboards provide a native DSDT to OS X and any other OS. So, although you don't need a *patched* DSDT to run, you still have a DSDT. What I'm saying is that you should check your native DSDT to be sure there is not a _DSM already at that node, because if there is, SSDT _DSM injection will be ineffective.

OS X is vanilla atm, i even start with unibeast, so no modifications have been made. My goal is to use _DSM injection via SSDT so if i understand correctly i only need to get to correct node and change SSDT.

Starting with Unibeast should be considered a short term affair only to get the system installed. There are a many drivers/rollbacks which are probably unnecessary for your system and may, in fact, disable certain features (sleep for example). Booting with Unibeast is anything but vanilla, because of all the kexts loaded from /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

But yes, the general idea is to find out what node your device lives at by examining both the DSDT and the ioregistry. Then make sure there is no _DSM at that node in the native DSDT. Then construct the SSDT according to the device and the node location as determined.

It is DSDT dependent. Most DSDTs use PSXS but some (like the ProBook) use WNIC or WLAN. It is a case where the person using the guide has to use their brain as well.

Sorry just wanted to make it easier for other guys... ;-)

So do you rekon this card is worth buying?
taking bluetooth out of the equation, I was considering a broadcom 93224 and Atheros a9280!
I am really confused in choosing one!

Id rather have newest tech so id buy the new AC card from Broadcom. I like their product. Id recumbent buying it. Plus the BT works perfect now.

I say buy with confidence if your looking for Wifi card that got new tech on it.

hi guys. now is possible to buy the bcm94360cd, the same that apple uses!
fantastic! the problem is that i'm not able to buy it cause to the language (even with google translator)

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-11-01 alle 21.53.09.jpg
    Schermata 2013-11-01 alle 21.53.09.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 352
Not the same. This is a better choice, PCE-AC66 - Networking - ASUS

why not the same? ifixit says that apple is using bcm94360cd on the imac 2013-macbook air 2013.
bluetooth 4.0 and wi-fi ac.
what is wrong in this?
why is the asus one better? adding that the asus one is only wi-fi and no bluetooth

Good Morning,

thanks for the guide. I was able to run a BCM943225 on my Hackintosh instead of the original wifi/bt adapter. But i am using an original Apple bt Keyboard and mouse.Tthe internal BT doesn't support hid mode. So i bought a belkin bt dongle which also works fine.
BUT they don't work together. Is there any way to deactivate BT Mode of the BCM943225?

best regstes from rainy austria

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back