Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
i bought on ebay native Atheros AR5BXB112 (AR9380) but it doesn`t work out of box. DPCI Manager shows me that vendor_id is 168c and devices_id is ABCD but it should be 0030. I tried to modifiy http://System/Library/Extensions/IO...Ins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist ,changed <string>pci168c,30</string> to <string>pci168c,abcd</string>, but it doesn`t help . It possible to run this card ? What should I do ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
i bought on ebay native Atheros AR5BXB112 (AR9380) but it doesn`t work out of box. DPCI Manager shows me that vendor_id is 168c and devices_id is ABCD but it should be 0030. I tried to modifiy http://System/Library/Extensions/IO...Ins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist ,changed <string>pci168c,30</string> to <string>pci168c,abcd</string>, but it doesn`t help . It possible to run this card ? What should I do ?
Thanks in advance.

Weird. Post ioreg dump: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

this is my ioreg dump.
Thanks for helping

Attachments

• junkykrolik’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 268
Is it possible to use AR9380 not with device_id 0030 but with another , for example in my case abcd?

this is my ioreg dump.
Thanks for helping

I don't see an AR9380 in your ioreg. The only device I see there that is Atheros is your Ethernet 168c:abcd (Ethernet is not WiFi). Are you certain that the card is fully seated and your BIOS is not rejecting the card?

I'm exhausted. I got an ARB1595 working perfectly on my probook 4530s, AR9285 wifi and AR3011 bluetooth. Perfect on my probook. But when I put it on my new Haswell hackintosh (ga-z87mx) I just can make wifi works with toledaARPT but I'm unable to do the same with AR3011 bluetooth. I know that the id (seen on probook) is ocf3 & 3005 (3315 & 12293). Editing info.plist of IOath3kfrmwr with the corrects numbers, there is nothing of bluetooth in my "about this mac"/ system profile / USB. Writting here is the last chance I got. I think I've done everything. But I can't. Even I tried with the old way (firmware loader), but nothing happens. In the probook I saw that the probook installer has an option about atheros 9285, seeing the dsdt patch, I compiled with a new one extracted DSDT (even knowing that with my mobo I don't need it to use), but nothing. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

I'm exhausted. I got an ARB1595 working perfectly on my probook 4530s, AR9285 wifi and AR3011 bluetooth. Perfect on my probook.

Probably actually an AR5B195.

But when I put it on my new Haswell hackintosh (ga-z87mx) I just can make wifi works with toledaARPT but I'm unable to do the same with AR3011 bluetooth. I know that the id (seen on probook) is ocf3 & 3005 (3315 & 12293).

No. 0cf3:3005 is the ID *after* the firmware is loaded. For the firmware loader to work it has to be matched against the id when the firmware is *not* loaded. This is why you don't see 0cf3:3005 in the firmware loader kext.

Editing info.plist of IOath3kfrmwr with the corrects numbers, there is nothing of bluetooth in my "about this mac"/ system profile / USB. Writting here is the last chance I got. I think I've done everything. But I can't. Even I tried with the old way (firmware loader), but nothing happens. In the probook I saw that the probook installer has an option about atheros 9285, seeing the dsdt patch, I compiled with a new one extracted DSDT (even knowing that with my mobo I don't need it to use), but nothing. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

Try with the IOath3kfrmwr.kext from my github repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Keep in mind that WiFi is a completely separate issue from bluetooth. For AR9285 WiFi you need DSDT patch and stock IO80211Family.kext. For AR3011 you need IOath3kfrmwr.kext with support for your device IDs as they are on cold boot and wake from sleep. AR3011 is on the USB bus. AR9285 is on PCIe bus. They are separate devices with separate solutions despite the fact that they live on the same PCB.

Thank you so much for your answer, Rehabman. Yes it's the AR5B195.
I've try both, release and debug, the lasts one with no luck and without changing nothing on the info.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back