Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been struggling to get my BCM94352HMB working, and I think I may have managed to brick the bluetooth device somehow.

So I've reset everything, and have a vanilla IOBluetoothFamily and IO80211Family in S/L/E, and am just running the three kexts Jay describes below, along with the kext patches:

@thepoi,

Sounds like everything is correct on the wifi, kext & patching side ....

However i've seen this issue before .... it may be because the PID & VID on the Bluetooth side of the card (on the USB Bus) do not match any existing PID & VID in the bluetooth kexts ...

On the iMessage thread there have been a few posts from users who bought what they thought was AW-CE123H card and whilst the wifi side of the chip set was indeed BCM94352HMB, the bluetooth side turned out to be BT 3.1 using an older chipset ..... which was branded as toshiba ....

Not sure if these are clone cards or branded specials for a laptop manufacturer ....

All it usually needs is to add the correct PID & VID to the info.plist of the BT kexts ... however BT will only work as 3.1 not as 4.0 LT.

Not saying that this is 100% your issue but it should be one of the fist things to check ...

Cheers
Jay

PS: You should really install all 3rd party kexts in /S/L/E rather than the Clover kext folder, there is no real benefit to putting them in Clover and doing so will cause slow booting as they will be excluded form the kext cache ... you should only really use that feature when booting Clover from a USB device ... such as a installer ...

I've been struggling to get my BCM94352HMB working, and I think I may have managed to brick the bluetooth device somehow.
IOReg for current configuration is attached.

The ioreg shows no bluetooth device on the USB bus. Test bluetooth hardware in Windows.

Thanks jay, Rehab. This looks to be the issue--Windows is seeing something on the USB, but can't identify it or install a driver (showing as "Unknown Device"). This is the part I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFYEYXC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It did seem to have the right bluetooth on it initially (4.0LE)--it showed up in System Information (in Yosemite) with "Low Energy Supported = Yes" .

The first time I booted with BrcmPatch, this posted to the system log, and the bluetooth disappeared from that point on:

May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Version 1.7 starting on OS X Darwin 14.3.
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Retrieved firmware for firmware key "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1479_v5575".
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Decompressed firmware (29776 bytes --> 70105 bytes).
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware is valid IntelHex firmware.
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: [13d3:3404]: USB [40E2303AF6B0 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"

Does this mean it successfully updated the firmware or failed partway? If the firmware just corrupt, is there a way to restore it? I'll just buy another card if not, but I don't want to kill the next one too if that's the problem!

Thanks jay, Rehab. This looks to be the issue--Windows is seeing something on the USB, but can't identify it or install a driver (showing as "Unknown Device"). This is the part I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFYEYXC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It did seem to have the right bluetooth on it initially (4.0LE)--it showed up in System Information (in Yosemite) with "Low Energy Supported = Yes" .

The first time I booted with BrcmPatch, this posted to the system log, and the bluetooth disappeared from that point on:

May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Version 1.7 starting on OS X Darwin 14.3.
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Retrieved firmware for firmware key "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1479_v5575".
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Decompressed firmware (29776 bytes --> 70105 bytes).
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware is valid IntelHex firmware.
May 17 21:19:01 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: [13d3:3404]: USB [40E2303AF6B0 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"

Does this mean it successfully updated the firmware or failed partway? If the firmware just corrupt, is there a way to restore it? I'll just buy another card if not, but I don't want to kill the next one too if that's the problem!

It is only a partial firmware upload log. If that's all there was, firmware upload may have started, but not finished. There is no "Firmware upgrade completed successfully" and no "Published new IOKit personality" and no "processing time x.xx seconds". Firmware is volatile though... cut power and firmware is gone, device should reset back to non-firmware state.

In post #1229, you mentioned implementing multiple solutions for bluetooth. Not a good idea. Most of the items you mention (toleda's injector, patching bluetooth kext Info.plist) can conflict with BrcmPatchRAM.kext. For your device, you need only BrcmPatchRAM and the handoff patch. Nothing else. Other solutions can conflict.

No idea if the way you configured your system initially bricked the bluetooth device. It is possible that the stock bluetooth driver (BroadcomUSB..Transport) could have done something to interrupt firmware upload and caused an issue. Such a conflict is not possible with only BrcmPatchRAM because the IOKit personality for the bluetooth kext is not registered until *after* the firmware is loaded, where if you use something like toleda's kext, it is registered *prior to* and *during* the firmware loading process (seems like a bad idea).

It is also possible that your device just decided to call it quits.

Since its a "soft" firmware update, follow Rehabman's advice and make sure only BrcmPatchRAM is in place.
After that power-off your device fully, wait a few minutes and then boot it back up.

Fully powering down the device should reset your Bluetooth firmware to what is included by default in the device.

5/19/2015 - 10.10.3 Update
Added 1. wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0.command, 2. config-bcm94352-103.plist and 3. Country Code support, credit: Sebinouse. Removed Country Code/XT.

Note; wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0.command, and config-bcm94352-103.plist supports all versions of Yosemite (10.10, 10.10.1, etc.)

Hi,
My Azurewave BCM94352hmb arrived today and i installed it right away. It is fully working but i found that the speed is very low. My internet speed is about 12mb/s upload and download, but i can only get 2-4mb/s on my hackintosh. I tested with my phone, the wifi speed can get up to 11mb/s. So I check the wifi information, it seems that it is not connected to 40MHz.:banghead::banghead:
Also, my wifi is 2.4GHz Wireless N, but the system reported PHY mode as AC
View attachment 135503.

How can I fix this? The wifi speed is freaking slow right now
:banghead::banghead: Please help me!!!

EDIT: Got higher speed in windows 10. Wifi speed in windows is doubled comparing to os x.
May be changing the country code will help? How to change the country code to Hong Kong? I have found some tutorial online but the are all US and XT.

EDIT2: Upload speed seems to be normal. Download speed is very low in os x

I have the same issue with Dell DW1550. Patched according to guide and I got Aiport Extreme working. I cannot connect at 300mbps. Only 20mhz is availible. In windows I get 300. Tried various CCs. 10.10.3. C Zrzut ekranu 2015-05-23 o 13.05.34.png
Can You help me?

hi there. i installed osx 10.10 with clover on my asus k450jn.
i got everything working less the wifi. can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back