Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

Hi there!

First off, thank you (and everyone whose collaborated) for all the work with giving us the ability to get Native or Near Native WiFi + BT and Hand-Off support!!

I was looking into using some of the items that you had updated on 5/19/2015, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find the updated files you had mentioned? Some files are located in the Deprecated folder, some don't exist, yet some, as your wonderful PDF guides suggest, are no where to be found?

I'm running a GA-Z97N-WIFI (REV 1.0) where I've replaced the Intel Wireless-AC 7260 with the AzureWave CE-123H.

I've read multiple guides that either say use Chimera over Clover or Clover or Chimera, but could I ask which you would recommend?

Thanks! :)

TheIan

I figured out the problem.

Shutting down (cold) and starting the computer up lets the wifi card search for networks + activate BT.
Rebooting (either from Windows 7 or OS X) and booting up prevents the wifi card from searching for networks + disables BT.
This carries over between operating systems so it seems to be an issue with the hardware and its internal memory.

I can't seem to find the updated files you had mentioned?
I've read multiple guides that either say use Chimera over Clover or Clover or Chimera, but could I ask which you would recommend?
Example?
Bootloader, depends on skill level. Simple, use Chimera. More skill, use Clover.
All my systems use Clover, test systems use both.

1) Description of WiFi/Bluetooth problem:

- BCM943224 HMS not recognized since upgrading from Mavericks to 10.10.3

2) OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:

- Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 D54250WYKH BIOS v. 037, Core i5 4250U, Intel HD 5000
- 10.10.3 Yosemite following WonkyDonkey's guide (installed on top of Mavericks per his earlier guide)

3) Procedure/Guide Used:

- toledaARPT.kext - worked perfectly in 10.9.5
- tried SSDT-2.aml to no avail (simply dropping in /Extra), did not try editing it, am just not advanced enough for that it seems, so removed for now

5) Console/All Messages/kernel airport - select/Save Selection As:

- could not find anything related to airport

4, 6, 7) - attached. Note: there's probably nothing about WiFi in my SSDT and SSDT-1, but as I am using custom ones from WonkeyDonkey's guide, I am including them just in case.

View attachment WiFi.zip

Thanks! Really hope this is something simple.

Hello, I ordered the half size mini BCM94360HMB for the available slot on my motherboard. Also, ordered cabling.

I purchased the PCIe x 1 BCM94360CD version last month and it works perfectly on both wifi and BT. I can even access the BIOS with my Apple Wireless keyboard.

Because, I'd like to reclaim the PCIe x 1 slot for other uses, I figured going with the half size mini version would be a huge solution for me.

Can someone here using the HMB half size mini version verify wifi and BT working correctly? Also, can you use a wireless keyboard, like the apple wireless, to access the bios? I'm hoping it does. By the way, I'm running Mavericks 10.9.5.

Thanks in advance!

See Post #1:
Airport/WiFi (10.10 and newer)

1. Whitelist (WiFi)

Thank you, it worked.

Can you please recommend a 100% guaranteed to work out of box plug-and-play half mini WiFi+BT card? This is for a not very technical person who can only install it, but nothing beyond that.
Thank you.

Thank you, it worked.

Can you please recommend a 100% guaranteed to work out of box plug-and-play half mini WiFi+BT card? This is for a not very technical person who can only install it, but nothing beyond that.
Thank you.

For which hardware from your signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back